The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey Hey - Gimme a Supra

danger_supe

Hi,

Just new to the forum - Previous Celica owner -MK5

Now looking to get a Supra - now a bit older the insurance shouldn't be as expensive **Gulp**

I've heard rumours that alot of the Jap imports are clocked pre auction and sometime even again once they reach our shores - is there any truth in this?

Alot of the imports i have seen all come with slips written in Japanese and have the mileage (KM), but if what i have heard is true, this doesn't count for much, have others that have purchased Jap Imports had previous service history or anything? Tips welcome on making a purchase!

Cheers!

Rosco Peeko

CAR 4 AD.jpg

Hi,

I have been looking in the forum - it was the main reason i joined as most ppl in owners clubs look after their cars - the only problem i have is that all the offered atm aren't the colour i am looking for - want a black one and at a reasonable price inc of insurance.

Cheers,

Rosco

Hi,

I have been looking in the forum - it was the main reason i joined as most ppl in owners clubs look after their cars - the only problem i have is that all the offered atm aren't the colour i am looking for - want a black one and at a reasonable price inc of insurance.

Cheers,

Rosco

I guess you are looking at an NA then?? because there are at least 2 great bargin black TT's for sale at present on the first page, what is your budget

I'm only looking at NA - i think the TT versions will be way too much insurance - plus i presume they require more maintenance? I'm looking in the region of up to 5k for a NA, i want to leave myself enough money to get a retrim of the interior/tints - the usual...

Youd be supprised on the quote for a TT

Mine was 150 quid more for a import TT as aposed to a N/A

Hummmm - wonder how that works? seing as one has 2 x turbos, and the other dosent! :blink:

:search:

It is odd but I didn't question it too much - I just took it as a sure sign that I should buy a TT, which I fully intend to do in a few months :)

Unfortunately they're not so good with mods and the price goes up by more than 25% with pretty basic wheels/bodykit/exhaust changes.

:search:

It is odd but I didn't question it too much - I just took it as a sure sign that I should buy a TT, which I fully intend to do in a few months :)

Unfortunately they're not so good with mods and the price goes up by more than 25% with pretty basic wheels/bodykit/exhaust changes.

Ahhhhh yeah, ive noticed that. My sup is inshured as standard, but will have a shop round for my renewal this year. Will be 25 in june with 3 yrs NCB. So i mihgt declare some mods :search:

Hi :welcome:

As regards clocked jspecs - dont believe everything you hear! A few may but as has been said, buy from one of us chaps and you'll be fine. Theres a web site for jap imports that will check the mileage at import into the UK for £10 all you need is the VIN details.

As for insurance, as UK spec TT may be very close to a Jspec N/A in terms of premium as the all N/A's are Jspec and therefore 'grey imports' making them more expensive to insure.

If you are going to do many modifications you may want to consider an insurer that will give you like for like return on your mods and an agreed value, should the worst happen. If you dont and it gets written off, if you have spent £3,000 modifying it you will only get list value back. Sky is the club insurer and does agreed values and like for like, you can PM them, think user name is actually 'skyinsurance ' ;) Aplan is another one friendly to imports, other members will be along shortly to suggest more :search:

Its worth hanging on til the right supra comes along, be patient ;)

Lindaxx

I'm only looking at NA - i think the TT versions will be way too much insurance - plus i presume they require more maintenance? I'm looking in the region of up to 5k for a NA, i want to leave myself enough money to get a retrim of the interior/tints - the usual...

Did you have particular colours in mind? If I was looking for an NA with a £5K budget I definitely would be looking at Sabrina's - if she hasn't already sold it to a garage.

Hi :welcome:

If you are going to do many modifications you may want to consider an insurer that will give you like for like return on your mods and an agreed value, should the worst happen. If you dont and it gets written off, if you have spent £3,000 modifying it you will only get list value back. Sky is the club insurer and does agreed values and like for like, you can PM them, think user name is actually 'skyinsurance ' ;) Aplan is another one friendly to imports, other members will be along shortly to suggest more :search:

Its worth hanging on til the right supra comes along, be patient ;)

Lindaxx

Sky would not do agreed value on my supe and stated they were not doing any more. I was gutted but went with A-Plan.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your Feedback - Only other thing with the TT is that they are more ££ to buy - Linda - don't worry i intend on taking my time, in no rush and want to get the right one, just like i done with my Celica.

DaveK, who's Sabrina? i can't see her on the member list?

Cheers,

Rosco

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all your Feedback - Only other thing with the TT is that they are more ££ to buy - Linda - don't worry i intend on taking my time, in no rush and want to get the right one, just like i done with my Celica.

DaveK, who's Sabrina? i can't see her on the member list?

Cheers,

Rosco

Sabrina is How_Supra. This is her for sale thread :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=124309

Hi DaveK,

I had previously seen this - although it is the facelift and 6spd, i have spied another Supra i should hopefully be going to Leeds area to see tomorrow - its black - stock, auto 65k and the photos look really spot on - Will keep you all posted, should be paying my membership very very soon!

Cheers,

The company that's given me the best quote I've had for any J-Spec (Bell Direct) offered me the same price for N/A and TT.

i am with bell and my supra cost less to insure with them than it cost when i briefly had an x reg renault laguna!!!!

insurance companies go on statistics and less supras are claimed on than other cars so lower prices i am told (if you are over 25!)