The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A weekend at Santa Pod

GazB

What an excellent weekend at Pod.

No rain made good camping.

Didn't run car Saturday watched rugby and had a few bears after England beat Aussies :)

Had 3 runs on Sunday

1st 15.4 - 101mph - 8.4 reaction time - wheels spun on 2nd to 3rd gear change, i then backed off:(

2nd 14.5 - 96mph - 7.6 reaction time - missed 3rd to 4th gear change :(

3rd - 13.9 - 115mph - 7.2 reaction time - better drive, boost pipe came off at end or run:(

First time on 1/4 mile and liked it alot, i will definatly being doing it again :)

What to do next.

Practice, change gear quicker, let the car rev until just before rev limiter kicks in, not so nervouse on start line, quicker reations.

With all that i think i may be able to better :)

Looking forward to the practice to achive this.

I think it should be compulsary for all supe drivers to do 1/4 mile i've never experianced anything like when driving on the road, no sets of traffic light match it.

Will be looking at where to go next for definate, is there a list of strip dates on a web site?

Guest Danny Guy

I went down on Sunday myself and had a great time, although it wasn't in the supe as its in the middle of an NA-T conversion.

Had a wander around the MKIV stand too but obviously don't know anyone to talk to yet. I'd be up for meeting at pod for a RWYB day if your up for it Gaz (and anyone else for that matter)

Dan.

Danny

Next RWYB is 13th Oct, a bit to close to last weekend also England play in semi finals so i think i'll give this one a miss.

But i would be interested in going to another one if i can find dates and venues :)

I'll post info if i can find any :)

Do the hold RWYB days at Longmarsden? There's also York

Guest Danny Guy
Danny

Next RWYB is 13th Oct, a bit to close to last weekend also England play in semi finals so i think i'll give this one a miss.

But i would be interested in going to another one if i can find dates and venues :)

I'll post info if i can find any :)

Do the hold RWYB days at Longmarsden? There's also York

OK mate, let me know when you get something sorted.

Dan.