The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sod it

gaz1

just about to order the boostlogic t67dbb kit and a greddy 3 row, who has this kit and what do you reckon on it, happy or not, i am going to change the whole single setup:D as i cannot be arsed with flange this and flange that:rolleyes: and cheers for the info smarty;)

Ian C has that setup.

I have the same with the exception of XS Poo manifold & stock cams.

I'm very, very happy with the setup so far, but need to work on the intake temps and ideally get some meth injection installed. It should release another 30hp.

HOWEVER - If I were doing it again I'd probably go for a smaller turbo (T61) as this seems to suit my driving style better

when does she kick in mate, and make full boost

Depends a great deal on the gear!

In 1st, it doesn't make full boost

In 6th, it'll hit full boost by 3200rpm.

Best you get a drive in it, shame you're some distance away. There must be someone in kent area with a similar setup...

Depends a great deal on the gear!

In 1st, it doesn't make full boost

In 6th, it'll hit full boost by 3200rpm.

Best you get a drive in it, shame you're some distance away. There must be someone in kent area with a similar setup...

don,t think anyone has one here, i heard there similer to the 40/88,

From the 2 chaps I've spoken to with the 'big' HKS kits (KAI, and T51R), they're not what I'd call a streetable turbo. Very, very powerful when on boost - there's no doubt about that - but it's on power so much later than even my T67 it would mean it would be useless on my daily driver. They'd be great for a high speed motorway monster, or drag car, but for a quick spooling road car - nah.

Gaz, if you can, get a drive in as many as possible. In particular Wez's motor (it's the benchmark for me), it's possibly the fastest street car I've been in (if you back can take the super-hard suspension!)

From the 2 chaps I've spoken to with the 'big' HKS kits (KAI, and T51R), they're not what I'd call a streetable turbo. Very, very powerful when on boost - there's no doubt about that - but it's on power so much later than even my T67 it would mean it would be useless on my daily driver. They'd be great for a high speed motorway monster, or drag car, but for a quick spooling road car - nah.

Gaz, if you can get a drive in as many as you can. In particular Wez's motor (it's the benchmark for me), it's possibly the fastest street car I've been in (if you back can take the super-hard suspension!)

yeah i had a chat with wez, his suspension is mad i could never put up with that unless on a go-kart track:D is he running t67

As Smarty was saying Gaz, the kit is of such a high quality and low price that it makes so much sense to go for it.

Id have been saying the same thing if i could have got a word in edgeways! From what i have learnt over the months, the flow, compressor maps and specific sizing of the T67 is just about slap bang perfect for the Supra engine size. Dbb versions even more perfect with the better spool character :)

When people discuss 'well setup singles' its usually these kinda cars they have been in :)

Gaz,

I love my T61 and would like to take you out in it and let you have a drive of it.

I havent been out in a well setup T67dbb. I think it would be worth comparing the 2 before you choose one. My small single is not as fast as i would like at stupid speeds but for "driving" i think its a perfect mix. Im not planning on changing my turbo for the foreseeable future.

Oh and just to piss you off - where are you going to get the work done? - book in with mark now???

Having been in a few supra’s now that I have mapped including a T51, T67, gt60, T61, gt4088 0.81, gt4088 0.96 and a few more I would have to say the smaller turbo’s seem to be the Faster cars on the road.

The t51 was awesome when it came on song and would pretty much destroy anything on a motorway but around the A roads it wouldn’t be much fun in my mind as anything under 3rd gear would results in no peak power or torque till around 6k and then you just have your hands full with wheel spin.

Some people might prefer this though as the car would be like an N/A in the lower gears giving a linear power until all hell breaks loose.

Jumping to the other extreme the smaller Gt60 and T61 are Very punchy and create a Turbo feeling which I would compare to the early revision mr2’s actually throwing you back in your seat but then lack the top end. Pop a set of cams into the Equation though moving the power range up and I think many people would be surprised how quick these cars are.

Wez’s car actually caught me out as having been in quite a few 500+bhp supra I thought it would just be the same but F*%k me it nearly closed the lid on the laptop.

I would love to see his car up against a t51 or t88 car up to say 130mph as I honestly feel the bigger turbo owner would be shocked.