The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going Single from an N/A

heartworm

Is it possible to go straight to a single from an N/A, or cheaper/better to put in a TT engine and then go single. Im missing the Turbos, but don't really want to go back to the stock TT's. a drop on mileage in the Supra is also encouraging, as no work miles on it now.

TT-DEK putting his T70 has tempted me rather a lot and where better to ask :)

Not unless your NA is very low mileage, aerotop or facelift, and even then its questionable.

Without spending more than its really worth you arent going to be getting much more power than a stock TT.

Perhaps install a TT engine and have it BPU'd at the same time and see how you feel.

really wanting a bit more than the BPU, my TT was BPU and sold it because I was getting bored with it :( Then realised that there isn't much else that can go fast, look good, be reliable, hold my skis...and be a supra

eh? so you had a bpu tt...sold it, then bought an n/a. seems a little backward to me. if you want big reliable single power, then buy one thats already had ££ spent on it between £15 and £20k id imagine would get you a mint one

Yep, had a gorgeous orange BPU TT, loved it, sold it for some stupid reason, and looking for more power again. fancied going down the V8 option but single has been tried and tested. Not talking huge power. 450 would be lovely.

no probs on getting a shot mate.

Its running a T71DBB turbo so looking for some healthy numbers. Search for a thread started by me and you'll see the spec.

Will be getting mapped for race fuel as well so interesting to see the numbers that puts up. probably 650bhp or so. maybe more.

cheers

G

Its running a T71DBB turbo so looking for some healthy numbers. Search for a thread started by me and you'll see the spec.

Will be getting mapped for race fuel as well so interesting to see the numbers that puts up. probably 650bhp or so. maybe more.

cheers

G

Was yours an NA before putting a turbo in or a TT?

cheers

G

Im not really looking for that much power, id be happy around 450 I think, something with that extra kick from what my TT was, but not so much as I scare myself all the time

Im roughly at 550hp (crank) now (NA-T) and if I were to do it all again i'd sell up and go for a TT rather than the route I chose. Maybe other NA-T owners may disagree and be happy with their choice but this is my opinion.

What internal engine mods did you do to support that, out of interest :)

-Ian