The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cambridge area meet.

richardharmon

Hi Rich.. yeah I had noticed the date approaching.

Next week could be possible, but the Pod meet is 3 days after that so might as well go to that.

I might not be able to make next week (Thursday) myself due to work constraints anyway, but I dont know yet.

What time? Moved up here a few days ago to start a new contract in Huntingdon so I'm new to the area.

Terminator - Still haven't had time to download your DAT file :-(, hope to this weekend.

General observation - too many f&*king speed cameras around here ruining some otherwise great roads....

Nick I can bring my lap top and load it up in the pub carpark.

Your observations about the roads is correct:(

Watch out for the mobile vans, if you are around during the day time out on the roads you can get info on which roads they are on each week. It does help a bit.

Mobile vans too!! :eek:

Thanks Terminator, that would be great. Had a bit of a shock the other day overtaking in the rain, back end stepped out quite badly... Took me by surprise as it rained the day after I had it fitted and it was working brillantly...maybe there was something on the road and the std dat couldn't handle it...?

Apologies for not turning up, combination of factors....Got out of work late, couldn't find any signs for Holy (I'm new to the area!) and then ended up at the A14 and thought f&*kit, I'm going home and headed for the M11...Bad day...

Nick,

were you going round the huntingdon ring road at about 7.15 last night???

R reg, Blue, lots of bits, excellent bodykit + alloys

i just got back from work off the train (also sh** day) and was in my golf, got up right behind you (if it was you) and was tempted to try and get you to pull over and have a chat, then i realised it was thursday and thought "i bet he's off to the meet" !

dammit if i had pulled you over i could have told you how to get there !!!!!!!!!!

in case any of you are wondering why i didnt go, dont ask...

Faithstalker,

Yep, that was me!! Got half way round and then realised I'd left my firggin phone in the office so I had to go back and get it!! After that I took the A1123 into St Ives and then the A1096 towards the A14 thinking Holy would be sign posted. Time to buy myself a proper map of the area, UK Road Atlas is a little vague.. Anyway, by the time I got to the A14 I thought sod it, they'll be other meets and went home. Spent most of the day on the phone talking to idiots trying to sort out the tennancy on the house up there as I've only been in Huntingdon a week...

I'll keep an eye out for the next meet...

Nick - Shame you didn't make it, though only a few of us turned up (probably due to odd timing this month), would have been nice to see your car.

Phil was there with his laptop ready to transform your car! ;) So are you running the RLTC with the "supplied settings"? When I got mine it was useless, set to 4 cylinders, all the cut tables were just set to 'on' so no progressive cut, jut all or nothing, plus lots of other things. Phil's dat file is fantastic, it does transform the car! I would recommend RLTC to anyone (though I am preaching to the converted here I guess).

Faithstalker - Thanks...:)

Richard - The std dat is pretty good in my car, my first trip out in the wet left me very impressed. Now I'm pushing the car more I'm finding it's limits...

Terminator - Will do. I'm happy to drive down to your home/work whenever you're free to get the file loaded...