The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Magazine Feature Car

Jamesy

What lengths do you need to go to get your Supra into a large feature/cover car in a jap mag (Banzai etc) - with so many of them around how do they choose?

I see Supradibs has got his call up today - awesome work :D

I'm guessing you need the whole shhebang! Wheels, engine, bodywork, ICE, suspension, interior?

And do they look for far out custom cars like FAST CAR Mag or just well build machines?

I know a full Veilside kit or an unmodified N/A is likely to feature as its just standard/bolt on stuff...

....so what do you think it takes?

;)

I think that magazine featured cars need to be unique to some extent and/or sponsored (say, a Supra with a full Chargespeed bodykit). I guess they want to see something out of the ordinary that is going to make people want to read about it?

You could get your car featured in the 'Street Life' section of Banzai pretty easily though I would imagine, just drop them an e-mail

I should imagine they were interested as its the UK's first modified 6speed big single aerotop!!

No its not.

Jamesy - 90% of the time take a perfectly good car and cover it in aftermarket junk that no one has seen before*

* - read as 'same ol sh1t' :)

Basically, this is how it has always seemed to me: You are a business who wants to advertise. What you do is you tart up a car, speak to Banzai or similar magazine, and get them (pay them?) to do a feature on your car, plugging your business as a car tarter.

I love reading about proper project cars in Banzai etc... most of the time the car has been built by a company or race team and covered in sponsorship... It's nice to hear about a real labor of love and not another 'Money's no Object' build

My plan is to make the car as unique as possible, get the engine re-built and looking top dollar, get some good drag times and decent dyno results and hopefully the old girl will get a bit of attention.

I'd love to get a bit of publicity for the club and hopefully inspire a few more people to join the fold :)