The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Japshow 2007 - discussions in here please

Stevie Boy

WOW i like that R34, looks well hard:cool:

That would be my mate Tony's R34 GTR, EX-GT Culture Demo car. :)

Who was also the reason i didn't get home till 8:20 last night as we were standing outside our cars in the huge standstill traffic cue to get out of the Pod, some dozy bird in an MR2 who was textin on her mobile missed a small gap in the traffic, decided to boot it to close the gap and clipped his right forearm with her left wing mirror and clean broke through both the the bones in his forearm! :faint:

He got driven off to Bedford A&E in an Ambulance, got transfered to Southend last night, as couldn't just put in a cast due to the nature of the break they'll have to operate on his arm!:shock:

I had to follow the R34 back to his house to make sure Gary who drove it back could get home after!

An unlucky day all in all for Tony, as not only did he get his arm broken, he also cooked his clutch on the two runs he did earlier that day so didn't do as well as expected.

Tom some nice pics dude, Low and Behold One of mine too!!! Top man! Can you keep that would like to get a print of it!

ps. Tom, Cheese Burger and a Hot Dog please........ Um I mean Hot Chocolate!

PMSL :rlol:

some dozy bird in an MR2 who was textin on her mobile missed a small gap in the traffic, decided to boot it to close the gap and clipped his right forearm with her left wing mirror and clean broke through both the the bones in his forearm! :faint:

It was pretty pathetic both the Pods poor arrangement and the mentality of the people queuing.

Me, Burna and Rich gave up, parked and had a coffee for an hour or more.

It was pretty pathetic both the Pods poor arrangement and the mentality of the people queuing.

I agree, it was shocking. I was queued up and a load of scoobs came down the outside and blocked the road for anything coming the other way and that really stopped everything.

I then parked up, had a bite to eat, watched the finals and then left with only a bit of a queue.

Not sure what they can do about the queues to be honest, that many people trying to get out will never work.

JB

I agree, it was shocking. I was queued up and a load of scoobs came down the outside and blocked the road for anything coming the other way and that really stopped everything.

That's where we were too. What do you expect form Impreza drivers though? :sly:

Was quite a big show all in all, all though if the weathers alright the October show is always a big hit.

Not enough "Decent" show girls i must say, maybe they were all at some other car/bike show.

Does anyone know how well Leon, Steve, Robbie etc did as i thought i could hear over the tannoy they was still running, as we were in the que to leave?:search:

I then parked up, had a bite to eat, watched the finals and then left with only a bit of a queue.

Should have come and joined us John, was quite a nice relaxing end to the day sitting down with a drink watching the pod world go by :) It seems I didn't learn my lesson as we had to do the same last year, although when we did leave the fire up lane trick worked a treat again this year :D

I left just after the jet car ran, got straight to the gates without a que at all...first time i have ever done that....luckily for me and the old man we were able to get out the club stand as well as certain cars had move to let us out and the guy that was blocking us in kindly let us out!! I take it a few were not so lucky. Thought the club stand needed to be a lot bigger this time round as many folk were blocked in!

I was also not impressed with the girls, if you can call them that, I kept locking eyes not through choice mind with a ropey blond girl with heaps of celulite which was not nice and scared me for the day

overall though for october....seemed like a good day!! I must say I did feel sorry for thunder thighs and her promo freinds though...they must have been freezing:cold: poor girls

two spirited drives on the way back as well....I had a scooby following me all the way from the gates baiting me the whole time through the country lanes, I wasn't going to bother but coming off a roundabout there was a straight dual carriage way and I could see mr scooby getting up behind me to get his toe down, so as I straigtened up and plants it he does the same....he stuck with me for about 3 secs and im thinking hmmm I may not lose him, but I then start to pull strongly as the speed gets up, we then hit another straight with the scooby still on my tail and a skyline behind....this time the scooby pulls over and the skyline is now in my boot....I hit the loud pedal and its a similar story ;) both looked quite riled to be honest and the next straight neither bothered and sat well back :D

That is why i parked round the tother side this year due to queuing for ages last time :(

They have all that space but only one exit it seems madness to me. They could quite easily open up the gate at the bottom (next to the entry gates) and allow people on the club stands to use the road alongside the drag strip to get out.