The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SMIC Help

Ady

Ive been trying to find out if i have a SMIC. By the looks of it i do, as there is a intercooler visable through my mesh on the left hand side of my bumper.

I can also see another intercooler in the center of my bumper, behind the mesh!

As your looking down at the engine, I can see the rail and its located just in front of the radiator and fan.

Is this the oil cooler?

Someone else will be able to answer that for you though. But why are you after an FMIC particularly at the stage... are you going single turbo?

No im not - Just fancy a fmic with hard pipes to fill the gap in the bumper - im ordering a bomex style front end and want it to sit in the gap.

What Chris didn't say (in his original post) was that, traditionally when you are describing left/and right hand sides of cars then it's *always* assumed you are speaking from the perspective of being behind the wheel, looking forward towards the engine.

So when something's on the right hand side of the engine, it's really on the left as you look at the engine from the front.

I'm pretty sure that's the case anyway but please shoot me down if I am wrong guys

EDIT: Cheers CW :)

The RH side of a car is the RH side of the car, it matters not which end you are looking at it from. It doesn't say in parts books "Caliper-- RH (looking from the back of the car)", does it? Drivers side is similarly ambiguous, what if it's a LHD car? No, RH is RH, LH is LH... :)

I understand what you are saying but I know many people who get confused with left/right so I was just trying to clear it up.

Same with nearside and offside, they think I am talking about football :rolleyes:

Yes, all Supra's have an air con rad and can fit a FMIC in fine. You'll probably need to relocate your radiator expansion tank and re-mount your power steering cooler pipes but otherwise no problem.

I think lee mawby mentioned that - Cheers for that mate - Is relocating the above hard work?