The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra 1/4 time down Strip Today!!

M4RK RZ

Loved drag racing today - what a great experiance!

CAR NUMBER B554 - on 19inch wheels

3 runs - (this was my first ever time down a strip by the way)

1st run - I was getting used to the light system and was against a spankin new Skyline. Set off and under-estimated how sticky the track was! bogged down and lost a vital second. Caught up well to a car length at end ! but alas a 15 second run.

2nd run - Now used to the light system I was raring to go, which would had been fantastic if I had not forgot to take the traction control off and set off to find the car TC cutting in - a quick flich of the button and I had lost a second or so AGAIN !! gutted 15 seconds but catching up the car very well.

3rd run - (against TT supra) All errors accounted for this time on the final run - tweeked the boost to just under 1 bar 0.9 ish as I noticed a little instability on last run at 1 bar and wanted to iron it out if poss.

Set off - Spanked the supra I was against !!

13.72 !!! :yahoo:

Very Very happy with that time for my third ever attempt esp with the cats still in and not being BPU yet !

I beleive that gets me on the Drag racing times Sticky :D

Pic of ticket attached

POD TIME.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well done, but if you still have your cats in theres no way that dyno figure in you sig is correct :)

well - thats another thread entirely !! :) The cats are there but smashed thro or not - no idea. I dont own a rolling road so I take what results are given as ture. They should be doing there job right eh!

Supras tend to put out very similar torque to power with stock cams so I'd say your power is probably more like 350bhp going by your sig. Your terminal speed on the 1/4 will probably confirm that - probably around 105mph?

Congrats on your first drag time :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.

Supras tend to put out very similar torque to power with stock cams so I'd say your power is probably more like 350bhp going by your sig. Your terminal speed on the 1/4 will probably confirm that - probably around 105mph?

Congrats on your first drag time :thumbs:

Cheers,

Brian.

Yes mate at 105 mph (on ticket)

Thanks to everyone :thumbs: and your right - now ive caught the bug for it! Sorry the first two runs were shockin to watch - I was still fiddiling with a few things, gettin used to it.

I have a few things to change yet - Ill be improving on that time yet - Im just extatic to be in the top 25 on here.

Rob G sent me this pic - cheers rob (I STILL have your screwdriver!)

IMG_2581%20s.JPG

great run fella - nice one! :D

what does every1 mean when talking about different BHP reading? fly/wheels etc?

every car i've ever owned has always just had a BHP figure, even my old scooby??? :)

Oh mate I dont bloody know either - its like swings and roundabouts whith things like that on here. Anywhere you take your car to get it tested "take it here.... no no.... take it here! " :rolleyes: Im sure someone will fill you in on it shortly.

Basicaly your fly wheel BHP rating is different (higher) to the prop/wheel rating as that that is before props etc..

No matter what is what, I got a 13.7 thats where it counts !

Thanks for the reply :D

Oh mate I dont bloody know either - its like swings and roundabouts whith things like that on here. Anywhere you take your car to get it tested "take it here.... no no.... take it here! " :rolleyes: Im sure someone will fill you in on it shortly.

Basicaly your fly wheel BHP rating is different (higher) to the prop/wheel rating as that that is before props etc..

No matter what is what, I got a 13.7 thats where it counts !

Thanks for the reply :D

lol - i agree - pukka time and thats all that counts mate!

yeah it confuses the hell out of me - i always just thought each car had a BHP figure...my scooby was 320bhp and that was that.

i hear that a bpu supra hits 400bhp (ish), but gawd knows what reading that is from!!!!!!

its amazing what difference BPU makes, going from the 13's to late 11's just from taking the cats out, thats your next job!

Late 11's on BPU is that right, I dont remember anyone running BPU getting this time in April ?? I remember Private Pile getting into the 11's with his GT4088 set up but no BPU's

Well done Mark BTW, it was good to see you running and getting your times down

its amazing what difference BPU makes, going from the 13's to late 11's just from taking the cats out, thats your next job!

11's??? thats very very fast, good BPU times are usually between 12-13

I trust you and tom got home ok yesterday dean? Me and the old man left earlyish as well and managed to get out ok as we were blocked in at one point