The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy in the 9's

Muffleman

I've done a search but not seen anything. Very impressed to see the Envy car hit 9.875 today :cool: (THINK it was 9.875 from memory, but if I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected)

The pro game really seems to have moved on this year with 8 second passes now being regular.

However, the envy car is still a manual and still full weight. Top job fellas ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, it really was a great run today, we got into the semis, but didn't win against a tough lineup.

Our car is full weight and then some, the only 2 weight reduction products we have on the car is the carbon bonnet and tailgate, but the car is still above factory weight for a UK specified vehicle thanks to the TRD wide kit and roll cage.

I'll post up a vid soon.

Nice to see a lot of you today :)

Its feels good to prove the car is capable of 9 as we've always said it was.

Nice one guys :thumbs:

Is that a personal best for the Envy car? Can't remember if they've made it into the 9's before...

Yeah think so - well done guys :thumbs:

Also big congrats to Leon in the 8's again and took the win in the final to become HKS Pro champ :)

Cheers,

Brian.

I always wonder why this is.

I presume it doesn't get used for trips to the supermarket or a day out to the seaside, it gets trailered to events and it's a drag car that represents your business - why not strip it?

Of course it does. Kevin drives it from his house to work in the summer and it goes out for drives in the country all the time. He drove it 500 miles on Thursday to Brum and back.

Although it excels at straight lines, it can do other things and its a street car.

Customers don't want drag cars built, they want fast street cars so thats why we don't strip it. Its a demo car to show that fast cars dont have to look like a shell!

Gaz.

Of course it does. Kevin drives it from his house to work in the summer and it goes out for drives in the country all the time. He drove it 500 miles on Thursday to Brum and back.

Although it excels at straight lines, it can do other things and its a street car.

Customers don't want drag cars built, they want fast street cars so thats why we don't strip it. Its a demo car to show that fast cars dont have to look like a shell!

Gaz.

If you ever fancy giving it away please keep me in consideration :D

Was a great run, crowd loved it when you got into the 9's, only bad bit of news now guys is you have to get all your flyers re-printed!!

I did not understand the 10 second rule though? does it apply to all classes outside the pro class? So by running faster than a 10 you disqualify yourself? One of the FWD cars did it as well and that’s what the commentator was doing a poor job of explaining, something about 10 secs and faster has to be in the pro class.

Was a great run, crowd loved it when you got into the 9's, only bad bit of news now guys is you have to get all your flyers re-printed!!

I did not understand the 10 second rule though? does it apply to all classes outside the pro class? So by running faster than a 10 you disqualify yourself? One of the FWD cars did it as well and that’s what the commentator was doing a poor job of explaining, something about 10 secs and faster has to be in the pro class.

i know its pathetic, you push your car and possibly do a once in a life time run and get disqualified??? whats all that about, while i understand the safety aspect as long as they comply then whats the problem?

Is there different requirements for the Pro class? is it something as simple as street dont require a roll cage or something stupid like that?

Obviously I know mots of the street class have cages in, just wondering where such a stupid rule comes from.