The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If the aim was to tokyo drift and park in bus stop facing wrong way on duel carriage.

Fargo

Then i am the master.

pulled out of a carpark onto a duel carriage way (40mph limit type) giving couple of mates a lift into town, blip the throttle for a little arse out action, all going extremly well, decide to hang on a second longer, but then the tyres catch there grip and fling me the direction, of course i lock the other way as central reservation is in front of me now, and manage to parallel park into the busstop layby facing the other way, hitting the kirb. (no traffic throughout this episode).

managed to frig my wheel of course. and snap lower suspension #1 and bend the strut brace. could have been a lot worse, lesson learnt ...stop being an idiot.

dont think the parts will be expensive, main issue is the wheel, dont know if id like to have a repaired wheel on there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

yep very lucky really, had to drive home in reverse (approx 1mile) so as to keep the wheel straight, if i went forward the wheel was pointing like the fronts when turning right and would rub on the arch.

hoping nothing else is bent. fingers crossed

Make sure you post up that you got it fixed properly. as if you came to sell it and someone checked your threads they might be a little off put

im an honest guy...

Sorry to say, if its hit with enough force to bend your strut brace, then i suspect that it may have bent the chassis leg, get it checked;)

last pic shows the strut brace bend, doesnt look a lot..but might be enough though..

imagine the dilema when faced with width restrictions. cause im facing the wrong way do i go through the left side (correct side for the way im facing) or the wrong side (correct way for the direction im travelling)

Bet you will see the local chavs doing it now, thinking its the new drifting. lol

Guest Kazimodo

been there,done that sept it cost £3000.00 to put right.

hubby said not to worry cos it eas only a bit of bent metal but i was gutted.....and loads of people saw me do it,so i guess it was my pride that was hurt more.

prang.GIF

kaz:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...

just an update (if i ever sell the sup and the history is checked)

All sorted now, had started off fitting new oem suspension arm #1 and strut rod, didnt sort it, had a trip up tp phoenix, couldnt see anything outof the ordinary. So Mark uggested replacing the hhub, upper suspenion arm and lower, got the parts from a donor car and hey presto all is right once again..