The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap Supras

Guest Elias

Hi guys (and girls?)

Im Elias, I live in Sweden (excuse the spelling) and Im 100% Supra-lover! :)

I've got a question..

When I look at the classifieds there are some REALLY cheap Supras (£5000-£7000), how is the condition of those cars..?

Im looking for a Twin Turbo with manual gearbox, J-spec is not a problem but I don't want a crappy car that I can't trust..

Is it stupid of me looking for a supra between £6000-£8000?:taped:

Tell me more!

/Elias

Guest DaveWilko

I paid £4500 for mine a month ago. It needed a respray because some fool got a cheap respray and it was awful but the car is mechanically very good. Have since had a good respray and its lovely :) I Think earlier ones are normally around £5000-£6000 and I think UK cars are a bit more than Jap imports. Obviously the younger the car is, the more you pay. I know a guy paid £15000 for a '96 one with 34000 miles on it but it was like a brand new car. Jammy git!

for a j-spec manual TT i think 8k is around the right price and 6k will get you a good auto, condition wise take the time to inspect the cars and you may be suprised, for a 15 year old car they will have stone chips a few dings ect, but you will find most are rust free, you have to remember when they came out they were about 40 odd k so it was a car that got pamperd like a baby, also if its a j-spec they dont lay road saults so you will find they will be better then uk modles, take a look at jm-imports site and call Jurgen he can fix you up a car with a clean slate.

Okey, so what your saying is that if I where to find a TwinTurbo with a manual gearbox for lets say 8000 pounds, it doesn't automaticly have to be rubbish? :)

In that case, it's very good news, Im thinking of flying over in spring, 2008 and have a few cars to select from.

Maby someone from the club would be interested in joining for some help?

Oh well, have a good one!

• 7 months later...