The mkiv Supra Owners Club

newbie wants to buy supra

wynter919

Hi

im a newbie here hoping to buy a N/A (94 onwards)sz supra in about a month but was hoping some of u could give me some advice on them.

1.what really is the differance between the auto and mannual, some people i speak to say the auto is better and have sold thier mannual for one but then sum say they are much slower??

Im very used to a auto as im coming out of a auto mustang into a supra hopefully.

2.how similar are they performance wise to a r33 gts. i ask as i have never been in a supra but have been in a r33 gts so im just trying to understand what kind of performance im in for? i know on paper they are very similar but wats on paper doesnt always ring true.

im not looking for this car to be a race car or anything, just want a quick car i can enjoy from a-b.

3.i dont suppose there is anyone here in the berkshire area kind enoughf to take me out in thier sz supra (pref not too modified) as i would like to see what there like and hear what a owner thinks of them rather than a dealer giving me a load of bull! i would be more that happy to trow a tenner anyones way for fuel and annoyance costs :)

reason beeing ive made the mistake of not properly reasearching cars and brought them and been dissapointed so its not gonna happen again. and also i would like to see what a good running, soild sz supra should feel like so that when i go to get mine i will know if something is off

Thanks for any help

Dave

your about 2 and a half hours away mate or I would gladly take you out in mine. Comprably equipped I have never seen an auto beat a manual in any car of any type, the driver can make a huge difference though. I dunno much about the technical side of things, I love my 95 N/A to death and it's not even modified yet, either way its a Supra mate, hard to go wrong unless you get a broken one. Cheers

there are many members here who may be willing to sell there car if there looking to upgrade to a TT, i found one and a very good car too a few weeks ago, least if you buy one of a member you have a pretty good clue that its been looked after. i posted in the wanted section and had several offers, the auto box is very good but some people prefer manual i suppose its personal preference. i would personally avoid dealers unless they know there supra`s as a supra on a "jack the lad" car dealer has usually been offloaded there and may have issues.... just my thoughts :D if you want to travel to staffordshire i also dont mind taking you out in mine (aero top)

yea little bit too far from me but thanks 4 the offer, i was only considering traders if they would give me a good px on my car but its not looking that way so i will def keep an eye on here for any.

not really thinking bout a TT only because in my budget i could only get a auto with very high miles ,just! so id rather get a lower milage sz mannual

£5000 is my top budget and ive seen 50-70miles sz mannuals between 4200-4999 all day long, private and trade, so im not gonna rush,i'll wait to get the one i really want.