The mkiv Supra Owners Club

engine oil?

L33_SUP

If its bog stock then the OE recommended oil is 10W30 semi synth. 10W30 can be a bit hard to find, though so plenty of people use 10W40. I ran mine on 10W40 castrol Magnatec on 9000 mile changes for about 90,000 miles and then switched to something a bit thicker and more expensive as the engine was getting long in the tooth. I'm up to just over 130,000 miles now and I use Mobil's fully synthetic 15W50.

You'll find that most people on here will recommed a fully synth oil because thats just the bets kind of oil, however the NA engine isn't particularly highly stressed so I don't see that using a semi synth would hurt it. Whatever floats your boat, really. Just get the viscosity right (theres plenty of schools of though on that, too) and then spend as much money as you want to give you a warm feeling about your engine. Just don't put any old mineral stuff in it.

There's a billion threads on oils. A search will turn up a lot of stuff.

If you can find your local GSF (German Swedish & French) car parts they sell:

FUCHS XTR SEMI SYNTHETIC 10W40 OIL 5L GENERAL USE-SEMI SYNTHETIC £10.70

Now, that's a bargain.

They also do a 5W40 supersyn fully synthetic at £15.40.

Plus VAT of course.