The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do next year to the Supra??

MrHanky

Im just starting to think about what to do to the Supra next year and thought I would ask you guys for opinions as im not what you would call mechanically minded.

Now as much as I love the sound and power of single turbo's, I just cant spend the sort of money needed to do it properly and also I feel that you also need need to budget for the what if scenarios that come with going single.

So ideally I would just like the car to be a bit quicker and I am also looking to tidy the engine bay up a bit.

Thoughts I have generally for the car are:

Uprated cams

Uprated cam gears

CW suspension setup

Polished pipes and intake in the engine bay

New dash to update the interior some more

Oil pressure gauge

Oil temp gauge

This is all I have in mind at the moment but would appreciate your thoughts, opinions and ideas.

Thanks

Mark

uprated pump

fpr

550cc injectors (i have some on ebay now - no bidders as yet)

Hi Jurgen, what sort of pump are you referring to and what are the benefits of these modifications?

Also im afraid I am banned from spending any more on my car this year (apart from maintenance) as I had a respray instead of buying us a new bathroom :) (Vic wasn't chuffed about that at all)

On the other hand....... :)

Hi Jurgen, what sort of pump are you referring to and what are the benefits of these modifications?

Also im afraid I am banned from spending any more on my car this year (apart from maintenance) as I had a respray instead of buying us a new bathroom :) (Vic wasn't chuffed about that at all)

On the other hand....... :)

get a walbro or sard..

you can flow more fuel quicker- its amazing what a new pump does to a car (especially if you still have an old supra pump in there).

more fuel more air = more power.

you will need to get an ecu to get the best out of it..

also once you have bits above and bits you mention..

your not far off having all supporting mods for a mid single..

get a walbro or sard..

you can flow more fuel quicker- its amazing what a new pump does to a car (especially if you still have an old supra pump in there).

more fuel more air = more power.

you will need to get an ecu to get the best out of it..

also once you have bits above and bits you mention..

your not far off having all supporting mods for a mid single..

Lol, stop making me think about singles :)

If its just the uprated fuel pump then I have that at the moment. With regards to ECU, what would you recommend?

I really don't think I will be going single any time soon as we are planning on having another child in the not too distant future.

I will probably have a budget of a couple of grand for the year on mods (maybe a bit more here and there :) ). Thanks for the help so far people :)

To make it go quicker a little quicker without going single would be:

Cams

Injectors

A/F controller like a piggy back ECU etc

Not much more you can do without a massive budget. Though I have seen on ebay that you can get another 20hp from wiring in a little resistor for about £15 lol :D

To make it go quicker a little quicker without going single would be:

Cams

Injectors

A/F controller like a piggy back ECU etc

Not much more you can do without a massive budget. Though I have seen on ebay that you can get another 20hp from wiring in a little resistor for about £15 lol :D

Sweet im getting one of those ;)

Thats good, but what discs, pads and lines are you running ;) OEM discs, CW fast road pads braided lines and a decent 5.1 fluid will improve the braking and the pedal feel :D

Rotora discs on the front, OEM on the back. Brembo hawk pads front and back, goodrich braided lines and a decent 5.1 DOT fluid :)

FMIC

550'cc injecrtors (plus resistor pack if uk spec)

Fuel pump

Greddy emanage

Better Plugs

double de-cat

Boost Gauge / AFR guage / EGT gauge

Hybrids

Cams if your really want but no 100% neccessary

Thats about it before single

Theres also aqua mist, anything really to keep intake temps down.

Rotora discs on the front, OEM on the back. Brembo hawk pads front and back, goodrich braided lines and a decent 5.1 DOT fluid :)

ok, sounds like a decent brake setup, nice one :D

Sorry, one more question Graham :)

What sort of price am I looking at for purchase, installation and mapping of said ECU?

Thanks

Mark

Dont know about the Link, but the Greddy Emanage Blue im using cost £500 brand new incl delivery from trader MK47, then these was a £250 mapping fee from Hyper sports