The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift vs per-facelift rear seats - the carpet on the back

Pete

I was going to swap out my facelift rear seats in favour of the older style black ones as I prefer the look.

I've just thought about something which may scupper this plan though. Am I right thinking that the boot carpet, and therefore the carpet on the rear of the seats is a darker black than the pre-facelifts?

It's been that long since I had my NA I can't remember.

The carpet is one peice from the boot - if i remember correctly.

Nope. Just been to check - the carpet is glued to the back of the seat. I'm sure it's darker black carpet than the old ones as I seem to recall trying to swap the boot carpet over once between Mr P'oko and Mertoc and thinking it looked stupid.

Actually, looking at those pics Mertoc seems to be darker and different material.

If it is glued onhow do you get it out the car, i've had my facelift carpet out and its just got clips. will take a pic when i'm out at lunch

You'll see at lunch. ;)

There is a hardboard panel on the back of the seats that is held on with a couple of screws. Why dont you just swap the carpet panel over from your facelift seats to the other ones and keep your existing carpet.

Ah, it's just screwed on? That's OK then.