The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Knackered GT4088

Ryan.G

Well Put my Gt4088 turbo up for sale today and waiting to do for something faster spooling and as my appointment for tonight couldn't make it i thought i would start taking it off. I put good conidition in the ad as no play and looked good from both ends.

So decided to just take the housings off just to make sure it was perfect and came across a surprise :blink:

Now as said in the ad no antilag or anything ignition retarded related has been run through this turbo. Only been on for 5 monthes :blink: and not even seen i exspect a 1000 miles.

Apon closer inspection it looks as if the DAMN xs-power manifold was not cleaned out properyl with a carbide cutter and some of the crap welds have came loose and gone through the turbo. So even tho people have had great results with them and no cracking make sure you get the peice of crap cleaned out for any sh&t welds.

Just glad i did checked as looked fine with housing on and would not want someone to have it.

Ryan

I tried to clean mine out abit before to get rid of some of the crap out but just didnt have the tooling to get right down the runner and in my business i never have time to do anything so i took the risk and bolted in on.

Just look how bad they are coming from xspower

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_alb_large_wm/218819_l.jpg

http://images.bilgalleri.dk/uploads_alb_large_wm/218823_l.jpg

Pictures taken from another thread recently

Are the blades getting destroyed by the heat from the exhaust gases? Bear in mind if they are running higher boost and hotter EGT's the blade material may not be up to it. Any high spots in the blades would heat up quicker, and then slowly burn off resulting the above damage...

Another possibility is that the flow from the XS power manifold isn't smooth enough and it is focusing the hot air on the back of the blades...

Just an early morning thought...

I have just thought. I dont think jamie was running an XS power manifold, yet the turbo did the same thing. Could it be something else causing it? Maybe the turbo not being strong enough?

Was thinking this last night, but I'm not actually sure that he wasn't using an XS manifold.