The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De Wiper+De Areal?

Tricky-Ricky

While i am kit fitting and repainting, i am wondering whether to do this to the rear hatch, could fit a bee sting in place of the washer jet?

Also wondering whether to go totally de spoilered, or big carbon GT wing or keep the TRD, what do you think?

As the new kit is pretty aggressive looking i thought i might get away with the GT wing look?

Removing all those bits really cleans it up at the back, I love the look and wish I'd done it when the car was being painting.

There's a car that turns up at the Reading meet (can't remember who owns it) thats had it all done and the spoiler removed, it looks superb :)

I'm always in two minds when it comes to a spoilerless supra, sometimes I think it looks ace, other times I think it really needs a spoiler. When I eventually get a re-spray I think, well so fa,r Im going to keep my TRD spoiler (it's my fav spoiler) and get the badges and brake light taken off. I think If you go spoilerless and smooth the whole car needs to have the same look from front to back to really pull it off. Mind you though, I think a very, very smooth supra would look the dog's and bring it bang up to date in relation to other supercars. At the end of the day though. . The decision is yours.

Guest Nicholas
Wont spoilerless effect the performance of the car at speed?

the shape of the rear still helps to push the car down, I hit over 180mph and didn't notice and difference.

I think the ariel can go and i can use the washer for a bee sting, i am just wondering how the rear screen visibility is with no wiper? have to make a decision about the lot really, as if i ditch the spoiler i would need to weld up the bolt holes, same goes if i go for a GT wing, got my eye on one but can't make up my mind:search: anyone have any pics of Supras with big GT wings, but not the type that fix to the std mounts?

I think the ariel can go and i can use the washer for a bee sting, i am just wondering how the rear screen visibility is with no wiper? have to make a decision about the lot really, as if i ditch the spoiler i would need to weld up the bolt holes, same goes if i go for a GT wing, got my eye on one but can't make up my mind:search: anyone have any pics of Supras with big GT wings, but not the type that fix to the std mounts?

visibility is not an issue, i originally though i would use rainex on the back window but i've never had a problem with it

Removing all those bits really cleans it up at the back, I love the look and wish I'd done it when the car was being painting.

There's a car that turns up at the Reading meet (can't remember who owns it) thats had it all done and the spoiler removed, it looks superb :)

I know that car you are talking about but cant think of the guys name.

He removed the ariel and put it behind the rear number plate. Works a treat.

Tricky.... i have removed the ariel (now bee-sting on the roof), the badges, washer jet and wiper and think it looks spot on....

.....oh yeah but it DOES have a fcuk off massive veilside rear spoiler which kinda ruins the smooth and subtle effect :D

de-badge it all mate, plus wiper and ariel and keep the spoiler in my opinion ;)

Hi,

My old Supra had the rear hatch all smoothed, no badges, no wiper and no washer jet.

Most of the the time rain wasn't a problem. If the car was stationary and there was a lot of rain droplets, I used a squeegee/ice scraper to brush off the droplets. The rear glass was limo black so that didn't help!

I know that car you are talking about but cant think of the guys name.

He removed the ariel and put it behind the rear number plate. Works a treat.

The guy I think you are talking about is SWANDIP

IMO - his Supra is probably one of the best I have seen, although he made one big mistake and did not remove the rear wiper....even he admits in heinsight he wished he had had it done!