The mkiv Supra Owners Club

getting car back from garage tommorrow

Supra-Brett

Hi all, just been to see my car in the last stages of the work being done. It should be back tommorrow.

It was in for a cracked rear spat as some idiot crashed into it a few months back. Luckly (or unluckly depending on how you look at it) he only damaged the rear spat but it was frenched in to the bumber and rear wing so was a much bigger job than normal to get fixed as both spats needed to be removed and paintwork cracked to repair it properly.

It turns out that in order to do just one rear spat properly they have had to do the whole rear bumper, both spats, both doors and the roof. A bit of a result really considering there was a bit scratch on the roof and a few small ones on the rear bumper and on one of the doors. In addition they did my cracked veilside sideskirt at the sametime for nowt, and they rolled and sealed the arches so that i could get bigger tyres under them, so a bit of a result really.

I had the wheels refurbed at the same time and have had new Michellin rubber put on at the same time also. I managed to get the tyres real cheap at £100 for each rear and £85 for the fronts. Considering they are 19s thats very cheap. However, i have had to move from a 265/30/19 on the back to a 295/30/19 as thats the size of tyre that they get in cheap (very nearly new tyres from a porche 996 seem to be 10 a penny apparently). I didnt think that they would be able to get the 295s on my 9.5J rear wheel but they have managed it. I thought that a 275 would be the max but im happy to have some extra rubber sticking out from the side to help protect the alloy. The tyres look bloody enormous from the rear now, really mean looking.

Anyway, i should be able to collect it tommorrow so will post some pics when i collect.

Has anyone got any idea how to shink the photos to fit on these threads as ive had trouble in the past.