The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lovely postman

adam bell

ordered my car tax online tuesday night now i wont get it till next wednesday at the earliest,that means no supra for a week.

You are still covered tho. you should have a reciept that you can print off and if the old bill pull you and do a vehicle check it will come up as taxed:)

I don't know what the official line would be but if you have a printout of the email that says you've bought the tax, and given that the MID database will show you're ok, then surely a reasonable copper would be fine with that.

Of course if you're just been stopped for driving like a prat and they want to get you on something then failure to display tax disc would be all they needed :)

EDIT - Doh, beaten to it by mere seconds...

Im sure its says on the DVLA website that without the disk displayed you aren't covered. Though on the system you are mrked as having the car taxed, I think. So if flashed by the police you will come up as having the car taxed. I think anyway, I might be wrong.

I'd risk it if I didn't have tax for my Supra... and I had a Supra... :(

I backed out of a curry tonight to help the fund and I'm debating spending the weekend on the streets of London holding a bucket and a sign - "I'm not hungry or unclean but I really really want a very fast car. Please help".