The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Michel Lane is a Tuning GOD

Wayney

I can firmly confirm the Michel Lane is a Tuning God, hes driven purely out of passion not profit. :D

My car has been off the road, since early July, with it puffing black smoke. Michel Lane, diagnosed the fault to be the 2 acuature pipes, not fitted correctly. One was on upside down and the other one was not a Supra part, instead of another car, which was too big, hence leaving a gap. The turbos was stripped down, and found no play in the shaft, but the 1st turbo, the blades had a few chips. A used pair of Jspec turbos was fitted, along with a leak down test and compression test. The car was given a full bill of health.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=121343

Whilst the car was up there I got Michel to fit an HKS fuel cut defenser. Because the car was over fueling, and when hitting 5,500 rpm, the ECU would kick in and cut the fueling. This I think added the black smoke.

While it was up there we he changed the gearbox and diff oils, and judging by the age of the car (94) 13 years old, had never been changed in its life. Take the DIFF oil, which is supposed to be red, was black.

A full oil change was on the cards, along with a nearly new HKS Titanium Racing 4" Exhaust & 3" Resistor ring, sourced of the lovely Jevansio. :D (Some thing to do with him thinking it was a tad bit too loud, sounds me like old age is creeping in LOL :p)

Also fitted was a brand new RPS 6 puck Racing Clutch, HKS Dump valve, AME Boost Controller. We had the car Dyno, and at 1.1 bar it was pushing 401 bhp and 1.2 bar 407 bhp

After collecting the car of Michel Lane, within 4 days I had already embarked on a mad road trip to the South of France, total 1,600 miles in 5 days. The car did not miss a beat, and even at 1,900 meters above sea level, when other cars was feeling the strain of less dense air, mine soldiered on.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=125163

I am chuffed to bits as my goal was to achieve 400 bhp, RELIABLY! I would hand on heart recommend any one, including my granny to him, if she had a Supra. No, but seriously, he takes pride in his work, and does not like to do a half hearted job, and just rush jobs out the door, to get the next punter through the door.

I found his rates to be extremly reasonable, and the work of the highest standard. He always finds the time in the day to talk in length, and gave me excellent advice, especially when it came to me choosing an new clutch and exhaust.

Michel is different than most garages, who just want to bill you by the hour, instead I found him at times, to go over and beyond the call of duty at time. There was a time when he spend 6 hours one night up to midnight trying to fix an electrical problem, which he did not bill me for. He a charming and welcoming, chap who was more than happy to welcome you into his home. :D

He's a breath of fresh air, I cant with for him to open up a 2nd branch in Balham, London. :p

I live in London, and I know Darlington is bloody miles away 260 miles, but if you want the job done 1st time and done properly, then I'd definitely recommend you pay him a visit. Oh yeeer and i forgot to mention the birds ain't that bad up that way. For me any excuse for a piss up and a chance to harrase the local totty. :D

Heres a few pics of Michels Tuning Center