The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Shopping & Question

marbleapple

Hi All.

I spent the afternoon looking for a Supra today and was surprised to find how many are actually for sale in my local area. The first place I went to had some nice cars (even one that I could afford!) and the second place I went to was Torque of Keighley. Whilst I found the people there verging on rude I was fortunate to see their new arrival : http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/254094.htm - which I have to say looked gorgeous! (sadly it is too much for me at the moment)

Anyway, I have two questions arising from my shopping expedition. The first is that has anyone bought from Torque in Keighley or Keighley Trade and Sports Performance?

Secondly... and here is the noob question... do Supras come as standard with single turbos? I thought not, but someone at Keighley Trade and Sports Performance swore blind to me that they did. I was under the impression that it was either standard 3.0 or 3.0 TT with the 3.0TT being able to be converted to a large single....

The car this discussion was primarily over was:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?nU=0&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=&max_pr=&postcode=BD17%206TQ&miles=40&max_records=200&modelexact=1&photo=1&hassearched=Y&start=10&distance=10&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200734293744982

Thanks for the replies guys....

I was like a little boy in the candy shop with all the 'pretty' cars. :D

You guys would have been proud of me... thought the guy going on about the turbo was speaking rubbish!

I thought Keighley was a bit dodgy but it is only half an hour from me (LS29) and there is no one more local. I'm also at the disadvantage of wanting a mint Supra but cheap (which isn't easy)

ric

Thanks for the replies guys....

I was like a little boy in the candy shop with all the 'pretty' cars. :D

You guys would have been proud of me... thought the guy going on about the turbo was speaking rubbish!

I thought Keighley was a bit dodgy but it is only half an hour from me (LS29) and there is no one more local. I'm also at the disadvantage of wanting a mint Supra but cheap (which isn't easy)

ric

hi mate we can help you import something but depends what your budget is ?? and the wait is 10-12 weeks

What is your budget?

You get what you pay for, buy a cheap car and end up changing loads, unless you are VERY lucky.

HI Rob

My problem is money in the short term to be honest... I start work as a Solicitor next August but until then I'm officially still a student and thus no income as such.

My budget is about 4K max today. Plan was to either buy a cheap one now and when I start work, spend the £ to kit it etc or just wait till next year and get one already done(which I would prefer not to do). Cheap Supras do come around. I missed a mint one for £2,000 on Piston Heads by 24 hours this week.

As for the 'sale' section.... It is my second home.

HI Rob

My problem is money in the short term to be honest... I start work as a Solicitor next August but until then I'm officially still a student and thus no income as such.

My budget is about 4K max today. Plan was to either buy a cheap one now and when I start work, spend the £ to kit it etc or just wait till next year and get one already done(which I would prefer not to do). Cheap Supras do come around. I missed a mint one for £2,000 on Piston Heads by 24 hours this week.

As for the 'sale' section.... It is my second home.

You will not get a TT for 4k

Youd berley get a MINT n/a for that amount of money mate

My advice - Save and bye a TT next summer - bad time to be bying now as the harsh weather is setting in :tongue:

You will not get a TT for 4k

Youd berley get a MINT n/a for that amount of money mate

My advice - Save and bye a TT next summer - bad time to be bying now as the harsh weather is setting in :tongue:

HI Ady,

TT no, but there are a few NAs near me for around 4k. There was one on pistonheads which sold at £2,200 yesterday with only 70k miles. They are there... just need to find them :blink:

HI Ady,

TT no, but there are a few NAs near me for around 4k. There was one on pistonheads which sold at £2,200 yesterday with only 70k miles. They are there... just need to find them :blink:

I would not like to spend 2200 on a supra man - even if it was a N/A. You need to look at FSH, milage - and have it checked out and confirmed, because some of these digital clocks dont take much to be re-wound!