The mkiv Supra Owners Club

right whats what?

bmx1lew

Right now i have a engineer installing my alarm and on the top right of the dash there used to be a little black dome, which he said is the old alarm sensor, i know my car does not have a alarm, it may possibly have remote central locking which does not work anyway, however as said on here befor that little dome near the right tweeter is the climate controle sensor, now i dont want to test the installers knowlage but i am going to belive what you guys say more as this is dedicated supra knowlage, now the engineer states the censor is the little vent hole on the dash not the dome.... so whats what so i can keep this fella right befor stuff starts playing up, oh and the new led that he has put in replace ment of the dome looks cheap and tacky not to mention is snapped :/

All the movement sensors I've ever seen look pretty much the same - and there is generally one on the passenger side / one on the driver side - and they look nothing like the climate sunlight sensor.

Not to mention the fact that if it was an alarm sensor - why would it be placed right at the front of the dash - practically touching the windscreen - and behind a raised part of the dash that partially blocks it anyway?

Your alarm installer is an idiot.

i hate having to tell people how to do there job.. im going to tell him thats the climate controle sensor and he is going to get ratty with me for telling him how to do his job, then he will mess every thing up :(

Well, if I had to tell him this - there is no way he would be continuing to do any work on my car at all. An alarm installer who doesn't know what a movement sensor looks like is not one I'd want to use.