The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo! finally sorted and back on the road!

Matt H

FINALLY!!

Picked my baby back up last night and shes running well! Even though ive spent about £25k on a car i bought for 10k i dont care right now, cos driving her again last night and this morning just makes me smile from ear to ear! the ride, the speed, the broken necks from pedestrians, the sultry looks and comments from girls, living the dream agian, finally! after 6+ months!

I think the only thing that hasnt been changed now on my car is the Chassis!! lol

So, onwards and upwards, ive got my Traffic Stars coming, my EGT and AFR gauge and pillar pod arriving any day, brand new hand brake to replace my worn leather, and brand new door cards as they got badly stained during the bodywork coming too.

I think there must be some form of Divine ruleing in the supra world too, one that states that only a certain amount of supras may be road worthy at anyone time! it seems as soon as someone gets there car back on the road someone elses goes pop :(

Anyway, theres one more trip left bacl to the garage in 2 weeks after the turbos have been broken in to turn the boost up from 1.1 bar and tweek the map again....

Fingers crossed that this is the last time my supra has to any form of work that isnt a standard service! :)

Cheers guys, yep, £35k :( ive spent over £10k getting the engine sorted out :( thats the killer, the other 15k is mods. Its sh*t to think about what i could have done with that 35k but its done now.... and i dont have any debt :D

Thing is the money ive spent on the car has come from the house i refurbished and sold on. i didnt want to spend it all on my car but it had to come to that, im just lucky that ive had it available. I was happy to spend the 15k on mods, id always planned that, then have a big deposit for another house, but ive only got like 15k left now out of my profits :cry:

FINALLY!!

Anyway, theres one more trip left bacl to the garage in 2 weeks after the turbos have been broken in to turn the boost up from 1.1 bar and tweek the map again....

:blink: Sureley not matt, is this a type o or are you really still going up to 1.4 bar?

If they are decent hybrids they will run at 1.4bar for years. If it is a decent engine build, and is looked after, it'll take the power for years.

Don't let the shadow of turbofit continue to hang over the reliability and capabilities of these cars.

If they are decent hybrids they will run at 1.4bar for years. If it is a decent engine build, and is looked after, it'll take the power for years.

Don't let the shadow of turbofit continue to hang over the reliability and capabilities of these cars.

They are the Envy 1 year guarantee jobs.. what do you think Ian?

They are the Envy 1 year guarantee jobs.. what do you think Ian?

Erm, those are not my hybrids Matt. I supplied Hyper a set of stock twins that we had replaced on a customers car so they can get them rebuilt by their company, I have no idea whats in them though!

Regards,

Gaz.