The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed!?!

TheBlades

Hey all,

Having fallen in love with a Supra Aero (Non Turbo) on the net I paid a deposit and waited 3 months b4 I could get to see it. Having arrived in the UK at Brize Norton, I legged it to Great Yarmouth to view my prized possestion. All is cool, I think, but having travelled for nearly 24hrs and in the rain, I decided I would take it anyway, parted with my cash and drove off. I know, dumb meets dumber!!!!

Any way the problem I have now is that the remote for the central locking doesnt work, so the alarm is not activated I dont think. Does anyone know how I could test this or advise me on where to take it, 2 get it checked out. I'm in the Salisbury area. Also the interior door light doesnt go out if switched over to door. The ingnition and drivers side door also has an illuminus ring round them, which looks cool, but also this doesnt go out when I lock it manually. The radio also screams along with the accellorator. Is this just me being paranoid or is this a shoddy wiring job and am I looking at millions to put it right.

One last point the plate on the inside of the engine says this is an JZ model, not RZ or SZ, and I can not find an insurance coy who recognises it. Im currently paying £500 for cover on an SZ.

Apart from that its a dream drive,

"Stay low and keep moving"

Neil

One last point the plate on the inside of the engine says this is an JZ model, not RZ or SZ, and I can not find an insurance coy who recognises it. Im currently paying £500 for cover on an SZ.

the vin plate in your engine probably says JZA80 thats nothing to do with wether its a RZ/SZ/GZ that part should be on your log book iirc or you can check out exactly what your model is by filling in details on this link: http://www.mkiv.co.nz/

:)

I think that the top line of your chassis plate should read E-JZA80-AJPVF

Doesn't sound all that serious, if your not up to speed on auto electrics give it a miss and contact an autoelectician.

Other wise check both door switches are their! these are in the door catch (body side) also make sure the catch has a good earth to body.

Buzzing radio can be sorted out by a battery choke(fits on the alternator) go to maplin or auto factors.

maplin also do a gadget to test remote frequency output. some dealers have something similar too.(not just toyota)

Not to sure about the door lock light bit maybe its related to the interior light fault or faulty alarm.

Process of elimination is the best way...start simple! check fuses, connections ect