The mkiv Supra Owners Club

facelift 6 speed to cheap???

msearle

I'd have thought at least 5 to 5.5K. Facelift's are not that common. People will pay more if it is what they are looking for. In Feb I paid 5k for a 96 facelift....;) I had made my mind up long before that this was what I wanted and would have probably paid a little bit more as they were so rare at the time!

H.

They should be worth more, this was being discussed in Sabrina's thread who is also selling her 97 facelift N/A, but as I said to her, every 2/3 months you see one come along at under 5k......

its true, they make the best NA buy IMO, a 6 speed TT of the same age is £10K+. Ok a NA will not be enough for some, thats fair enough, but if you can give up the extra grunt its still a great drive and likely to be a fresher car in general especially compared to a older auto tt of the same price (still a good car but more risk involved in purchasing one IMO)

Also if you binned it even on third party insurance and trashed every panel you'd still see £2000 back for the manual conversion bits alone!

its true, they make the best NA buy IMO, a 6 speed TT of the same age is £10K+. Ok a NA will not be enough for some, thats fair enough, but if you can give up the extra grunt its still a great drive and likely to be a fresher car in general especially compared to a older auto tt of the same price (still a good car but more risk involved in purchasing one IMO)

Also if you binned it even on third party insurance and trashed every panel you'd still see £2000 back for the manual conversion bits alone!

Exactly, the face lifts are massivly under priced in my eyes along with the VVT-i's......look at what 98 VVT-i TT's have been going for recently, 9/10k, they seem to be getting sucked intowards the normal prices of pre-facelift cars, maybe others cant appreciate the differences or lower age......I dunno......but Im never selling my 98 VVT-i no more - EVER !!!!!!

I think this car and Sabrina's is less than I would expect facelifts to sell for. However - you can't change the fact that Sabrina's is still for sale, even though it looks an absolute bargain. So I guess they are not too cheap after all.