The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The postman struggled this morning.....

Jezz

....Carrying this lot up the road. :D

HKS T51 Kit...

Its big enough to suck in a small child....

PHR Oil pump, OEM water pump, CP pistons, Carrillo robs, ACL bearing set, TITAN billet main caps, PHR stage 3+ fuel system, Unorthodox pulley set, blah blah blah....

Sweet!

Must say thanks to Dusty and the guys at MVP for this lot. Great service. :)

I am very interested in these Titan billet main caps. I have heard of issues with these, it may be down to lack of engineering expertise getting them line bored, it may be almost anything. I'd welcome pictures of them, and even though it's sod all to do with me, the reason you feel you need them. *iss off cheerfully accepted :)

I am very interested in these Titan billet main caps. I have heard of issues with these, it may be down to lack of engineering expertise getting them line bored, it may be almost anything. I'd welcome pictures of them, and even though it's sod all to do with me, the reason you feel you need them. *iss off cheerfully accepted :)

Build my engine for me and you can see for yourself? :D

I went on a couple of peoples advice, and one particular tuner basically said what you've said. There are known issues with them, but thats supposedly been down to bad engineering. There is no other reason they'd fail other than poor machining and installation.

They're very 'chunky' compared to stock, no imperfections in the machine work, and generally look and feel up to the job. 650g each, so quite heavy really! Pictures are a bit shabby but you're welcome to some high res when I can be bothered to get my camera out. ;)

Unless you have a 110% trustworthy and experienced engineering shop able to take the line boring on you could easily end up with a scrap block, or a block with insufficient, or too much main bearing shell crush. If you have any doubts, trust me, stick with the stock set of caps that came with the stock block. You almost certainly don't need or want these caps! I will happily build the engine for you :)

:rlol:

The reason we run them is because at TOTB last year we snapped 4 (thats right, 4!) stock main caps on a drag launch.

The line bore has to be *perfect* or you will kill something.

Regards,

Gaz.

The reason we run them is because at TOTB last year we snapped 4 (thats right, 4!) stock main caps on a drag launch.

Gaz.

Aha so it wasn't just the rear oil seal going, in fact that was all that was left holding the crank in? Nasty!

-Ian