The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will These Wheels Fit a Veilside Overfender Supra?

b.weeks

Hi All,

I've seen some wheels for a Porsche 996 Turbo that are for sale. They are 19".

The wheels that are on them are:

Fronts 235/35 ZR19 Continental Sport Contact II

Rears 315 Yes 315/25 ZR19 Continental Sport Contact II

I sent them the diagram below and asked that they measure the various dimenions. They are as follows:

Rear Wheels

a=310mm

b=520mm

c=190mm

d=120mm

Front wheels

a=230mm

b=520mm

c=175mm

d=70mm

Will these fit a Toyota Supra with Veilside Overfenders and UK brakes (may get AP 6-pot or some other big brakes in the future)?

Message from Nic was:

-----

Front 18x9.5J +28 offset

Rear 18x12.0J +23 offset

These were to fit a widebody TRD kit which gives an overall increase in width of 50mm. These are the offsets that Jez gave me. These will stick out slightly wider than the +35 offset. The second pair of Jez's wheels are on there way to him now, so may be worth waiting to see what the fit is like. I tried to find out how much wider the Veilside overfender were but can't find any info, perhaps a member with them fitted will be able to measure for you?

-----

From Veilside I have:

-----

Hello Ben,

The Specs used previously for our customer’s car was as follows.

F: 19 x 9.0 (+35) or (+42 for) BBK

R: 19 x 10 (+35) or 19 x 12 (+35 for cut) ** This means the steel fenders must be cut to accommodate the larger wheels

Regards,

Katsu Azuma

VeilSide USA

-----

Regards,

Ben.

AlloyMeasurements.gif

24d3_12.jpg

3958_12.jpg

To me, I _think_ the offsets are good for the back, i.e. c - (a/2) = 190 - 155 = +35. The fronts seem to be way off though, i.e. 175 - 115 = +60.

The general width of the wheels are good though.

Perhaps for the fronts I would need to just order a different outer piece (as they are two piece)?

I have a set of wheels listed on ebay at the minute, item number 230175820960 with 1 days to go it looks like these are going to go for a very low price.

They would be perfect for an overfendered supra with UK brakes, pic on listing is of them fitted to my UK spec - don't be put off by the overly honest description, this is a fantastic set of rims.

adapters = spacers? No idea what PCD is I'm afraid ... from my calculations I thought the rears were OK and the fronts were off. Veilside US thought that the rears would stick out 12mm and the front 13mm though ... ?!?

Also, from the diagram above - I woul dhave thought the larger the offset, the more they stick out?! (With reference to Nic's comment).

The P.C.D (pitch circle diameter)is the wheel stud configuration or the distance between the studs on the wheel hub (see attached)and as - if I'm correct those Porker wheels will not fit without some adapters to change the pattern from one to the other.Not only that the Centre bore is different, just checked and the Supe is 60.1 mm and the Porkers are 71.6 and as I thought 5 x 130mm P.C.D whereas the Supe is 114.3mm! Those adapters cost around 79 pounds and are 25mm wide so they do act as a spacer too which means the wheel will stick out even further!

5_studpic.jpg