The mkiv Supra Owners Club

idleing problem

Epic

Last night i was out in the supra just cruising, and was fine, today i go to drive it and its trying to idle at around 400-500rpm, bouncing between the two like on the edge of stalling it self! (This is an auto)

When you drive it fine, but when u stop at a junction or generaly stop the car vibrates coz the rev are so low..

Im thinkin idle control valve, but not sure if you have had any problems like this in the past

Only had the car a few days :( been looking after it, i dont want any problems

My old UK car did this occasionally, and my new J-Spec car has done it maybe once or twice up to now. I think I just stuck the A/C on when it was doing it.

I had presumed it was to do with me fitting colder plugs or something (for BPU).

It only started with mine when changing to colder plugs, it did cross my mind it may have been that. Next time I'll try putting the AC on too:)

• 3 weeks later...