The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Controller - ECU - The polt thickens

M4RK RZ

Alright chaps -

Sooooooo spent a few hours fitting my new HKS EVC VI boost controller at weekend and of course removed my old knackered apexi boost controller + harness etc..

Traced 4 wires back to ECU (need to check old instructions but im guessing x2 for throttle and revs + x2 for pos/neg) Found that my ECU has 3 stickers on it ?

One sticker is the Toyota one - small square paper type sticker with some codes on -like the pic attached

Then there were a further 2 stickers - holographic effect with a company name+the word "Software" under it. One was stuck on the main lid plate and the other from the side to the lid (warrenty VOID if opened style - also holographic)

They are not the type of sticker you would expec Toyota to put on there put it that way. Does anyone have a pic of a normal ECU? I am also the first to own this car in the UK with one prev owner in Japan. L reg 94 Twin Turbo

I need to check the name on the sticker again as im at work at min but im guessing that my ECU is not normal anymore :search:

Who can suggest a way to check what it has been set to ?

Or I could be TOTALY wrong :)

supra ECU.jpg

Is that a pic of your ecu?

As says A/T on it which i would assume means Automatic Transmission and looking at your garage you have manual :blink:

Nooooooo mate thats just an ECU i found on the web to show the toyota style sticker . Mine has aditional stickers on it like its been modded some place?

If it's a Mine's ECU send me a PM with the original ECU number and Mine's serial number.

I'm a distributor and if they have it on file then I'll be able to tell you the basic map settings such as boost limit, injector size etc.

That's handy Nick, so could they have put bigger injectors in my car too?

My car was running about 1.3-1.4 bar when I got a decent gauge in it ( the GReddy in it when bought was faulty). I backed it off as I didn't know the car's setup. I set it to 1.2 bar to be a bit safer. I thought it might be bpu+ but couldn't be certain, so backed it off.

ahhh cool - looks like there is going to be some thing going on in mine too then. Will get a pic assap

do you know what has been done to yours?

No not really. I just know it was advertised with it and when I took the sat nav out I noticed the mine's sticker on the ecu casing.

My friend @ RB motorsport said that generally on skylines they tweak the ecu to get the best out of the Japanese fuel. But that was on skylines.

Wise move backing off. I really wouldn't run 1.4bar, 1.2bar at the most. Also remember that Japanese fuel is 100RON....

For the Skylines they have several options depending on the injectors, turbos, cams etc.

I'm not familiar with what they do with the Supra, but I expect it'll either be a basic boost up with the speed limiter removed, or one of their kits that uses 540cc injectors and a larger fuel pump.

The best thing to do is give me the serial numbers so I can double check.

Sorted out some pics - here they are

Sorry the sticker pic is blured - it was difficult to take a pic and get focus on the holographic surface + reflection etc..

On my ECU pic you cas see the 2nd sticker located on the main lid above the toyota one.

The sticker says: ACUTE - Special Computers

:search:

And all the plastic snap on connectors (already on there) I have replaced with a spliced solder joint ;)

DSC00788.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

It looks that way :) but if anyone can give me more information about this I would be greatfull !!!!

IM hoping fuel cut and things are done then - esp now I just fittted new boost controller

can you diagnose the ECU via laptop to check it against original settings?

It does mate :) have look at the second ecu sets of pics

I was meaning the second set of pics. The ECU is on the right and unless the E hasn't come out in the pic, only says 2JZ-GT. The Throttle Control says 2JZ-GTE. Just a bit confused that one says GTE and the other GT

• 3 weeks later...
An update on what the Mine's ones look like.

I thought I'd better have a look, whilst I had the tools out today.

Nick if you could find anything out about the plaque number 04386 I would be more than grateful.

Pics of the plaque below:

No problem, will let you know if they have it on file or need more info.