The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all from another newbie

tomgeer

Just a quick post to say hi.

My name is Tom, I just registered, I currently have an S reg celica (st202) gt. I am 25 years old and am going to buy a twin turbo (ideally a UK model), I have upto £10,000 to spend but I preferably want it insured for a year with that money aswell.

Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company for a j-spec, I got a quote on confused.com and i was given £460 fully comp for a UK model TT and £1750 for an import, I don't want to pay more than £700 insurance really but UK models seem to be very rare, any ideas?

If it helps, I have 5 years no claims bonus, I want it protected and I want fully comprehensive cover, the car will be garaged overnight.

cheers guys:)

Just a quick post to say hi.

My name is Tom, I just registered, I currently have an S reg celica (st202) gt. I am 25 years old and am going to buy a twin turbo (ideally a UK model), I have upto £10,000 to spend but I preferably want it insured for a year with that money aswell.

Can anyone recommend a decent insurance company for a j-spec, I got a quote on confused.com and i was given £460 fully comp for a UK model TT and £1750 for an import, I don't want to pay more than £700 insurance really but UK models seem to be very rare, any ideas?

If it helps, I have 5 years no claims bonus, I want it protected and I want fully comprehensive cover, the car will be garaged overnight.

cheers guys:)

I have 5 years ncb and im 24. i have a bpu'd 6 speed TT j spec and with all mods declared its About £850 fully comp.

A-Plan is your friend

:welcome: btw

I'm 23 with 1 year's ncb - most companies were quoting me over 3k for a J-Spec.

I found Admiral were a lot lower, but Bell Direct (http://www.bell.co.uk) were even lower - same group as Admiral/Elephant. Might be worth giving them a go.

Good luck with the search - I'm starting my search properly in a month or so, once I've actually got some of the money to pay for the car :)

I was paying £400 at 24 for a uk spec, using admiral, fully comp.

And now i pay £580 for a single turbo 570bhp supe, with all mods like for like, full comp too. Thats with a-plan, im 26.

If you add a parent as a named driver it'll bring it down a few 100quid :)

All depends on your area more than anything, i have a v.low crime rate postcode

Hi there, im also a new supra owner and I love it, what a beast!

I have just took out insurance with Admiral, fully comp on a 1994 twin turbo auto (import) Im 25 yrs, 1 years no claim and delairing n/s bodykit alloys and exhaust system and its costing me £700 fully comp and 3rd party on any other cars.

Admiral were about 500 quid cheaper than everywhere else for me!