The mkiv Supra Owners Club

November-Yorkshire meet @ "Miami GT"

michael

As usual there has been a lot of talk about Yorkshire meets but as usual nobody has actually done anything about any of it so I'll throw one out with plenty of notice...

November 6th at the new "Miami GT" premises:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=YO8+6YS&ie=UTF8&ll=53.76193,-0.96817&spn=0.048303,0.160675&z=13&om=1

18:30 onwards like Squires? Maybe earlier if Andy is OK with that.

It's not really much further away for most people than Squires, the roads on the way are fun or you can take the M62 option and enjoy the bit from there.

I've cleared this with Andy and he's happy for us to borrow his site, there is potential for us all to be inside (winter soon :)) or outside, he's offered the use of his fridges, kettles, BBQ and more interestingly the dyno for those who want to play on it :)

So it's got the static aspect that Squires offered minus the knobheads and with the potential for some dyno action and a nose around their project cars and other interesting stuff that's up there.

A "bring a bottle" type thing, dinner party in a garage... you bring the dips, I'll bring the chips... that kind of nonsense.

Thoughts? Maybe try Tuesday again and then consider other nights / weekends / times later?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be at Squires as I AM BUSY ON TUESDAYS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE (MICHAEL!) but if there is a chance of changing the Miami meet day then I'd come along.

I had a look on Google and while it isn't that much further than Squires (twice as far?) it looks like it might be a long journey time-wise.

Maybe a Sunday meet in the afternoon or evening as I wouldn't fancy it on a work night.

Id be interested in a meet up over at Andy's , although i wont be in anything tasty just yet.

Only thing is distance and time. Could mean i end up home rather late. But anyhow.. will go have a gander at the map and see how long it will take :)

• 2 weeks later...