The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon bodykit

Greenauto

Since buying the Supra I've said I was gonna keep it stock and do just subtle mods, wheels/exhaust/lights and anything that needed tidying up.

Driving through Aberdeen yesterday and I saw a last mk Prelude sporting a really nice carbon kit. The car was a dark metallic wine colour and the carbon was left as-is. Its looked really nice and very subtle.

It looked as if it was just a simple moulding as an add on lip not like the riddox kits. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar for the Supra I know you can get the Bomex lip in Carbon but have never seen a full kit.

Cheers

Dave

Since buying the Supra I've said I was gonna keep it stock and do just subtle mods, wheels/exhaust/lights and anything that needed tidying up.

Driving through Aberdeen yesterday and I saw a last mk Prelude sporting a really nice carbon kit. The car was a dark metallic wine colour and the carbon was left as-is. Its looked really nice and very subtle.

It looked as if it was just a simple moulding as an add on lip not like the riddox kits. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything similar for the Supra I know you can get the Bomex lip in Carbon but have never seen a full kit.

Cheers

Dave

im also the same however now i want to give the supra some edge or more of a evil look, so i have been looking at a ridox front bumper with carbon lip as not to over the top however i cant make my mind up if i like them or not... look a bit too square, also i want side skirts that make the vent bellow out however i can only find stillen one's that do so and there way too expensive :(

Bugger now you've got me started down the slippery slope. Just been using Need for Speed Carbon on my PS2 to picture what my green car might look like with a carbon lip and a few other bits of kit. I'm liking the front lips and might go for the riddox (replica) skirts and spats.

Then I noticed the OEM shape carbon hood, wondering if that would look nice or a bit OTT? haha and the carbon light brows to go over my newly refurbed lights from Jon.

Do siebon sell the lip that they show in this pic?

01.jpg

Bugger now you've got me started down the slippery slope. Just been using Need for Speed Carbon on my PS2 to picture what my green car might look like with a carbon lip and a few other bits of kit. I'm liking the front lips and might go for the riddox (replica) skirts and spats.

Then I noticed the OEM shape carbon hood, wondering if that would look nice or a bit OTT? haha and the carbon light brows to go over my newly refurbed lights from Jon.

don't go too crazy my green friend, don't ruin a great car...:taped:

as for carbon light brows, you should be ashamed:tongue:

any photos of the refurbed lights on your car by the way?

looks like mine.... but mines not seibon.

It was supplied as a one-off.

Checkout my garage :eyebrows:

Haha i threw the carbon light covers in as a talking point, how many people would shoot me down for that suggestion :blink:

Seriously though If Jon's done as good a job as I've seen from him on others cars I'll be one happy man and not want to hide them with silly covers.

I guess that answers your other question too. Not got them back yet, but hopefully will towards the end of next week. I'll get pics up for you as soon as possible. I remember you talking about getting yours done.

I'm actually really liking that splitter on your car Steve. Not as deep looking as going for a full kit which is good for me with the speed bumps here. Looks to be the same one as in the pic. I think as long as I did it really sparingly then some carbon could look pretty good!

Sorry for coming across as stupid or niave (been called both many a time) but i assume you work/drive for Whifbitz? It looks like one hell of a car you've got there.

I guess that answers your other question too. Not got them back yet, but hopefully will towards the end of next week. I'll get pics up for you as soon as possible. I remember you talking about getting yours done.

just got some extra cash so may be able to get the lights done, will be very interested to see those pics

I'm actually really liking that splitter on your car Steve. Not as deep looking as going for a full kit which is good for me with the speed bumps here. Looks to be the same one as in the pic. I think as long as I did it really sparingly then some carbon could look pretty good!

Sorry for coming across as stupid or niave (been called both many a time) but i assume you work/drive for Whifbitz? It looks like one hell of a car you've got there.

Thanks fella, I'm lucky enough to have been sponsored by Whifbitz in the Timeattack series this year. It's my car which they look after and support at the races.

I'm considering putting a splitter underneath it as well, and possibly putting canards on the front bumper.

It's gone through a lot of development this year with plenty more to come for next year.

Checkout the other threads for more detals :)

Think im going to copy, my mate made a good point, dont think im going to spend 500 beans on a ridox buper when i could just put a carbon lip on :p also i think the carbon lip will mellow in with car quite nice as been green also carbon having its bits of green in, as not spending 500 odd on a a bumper think im going to use the money and get the Seibon Top Secret style carbon vented bonnet like steveL, your car looks the dogs Steve

watch this video , what lip is that on the supra and is it availible in CF?... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8vAxzLApPs

Think im going to copy, my mate made a good point, dont think im going to spend 500 beans on a ridox buper when i could just put a carbon lip on :p also i think the carbon lip will mellow in with car quite nice as been green also carbon having its bits of green in, as not spending 500 odd on a a bumper think im going to use the money and get the Seibon Top Secret style carbon vented bonnet like steveL, your car looks the dogs Steve

watch this video , what lip is that on the supra and is it availible in CF?... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8vAxzLApPs

.. thanks fella. It's not to everyones taste!

It used to be stock looking and I vowed never to stray away from that ( I blame PeterP for that one ;) )

Unless you can get a copy made by someone who you know - It'll still cost a fair bit.

You could always try Whifbitz, they may be able to get hold of one?