The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is it just me................

Guest millerman

Guest millerman

........or does everyone has a suspicious mind, i'm looking at Supra's for sale everywhere i can and i'm coming across countless imports with very low milage, just looked at one and the steering wheel is so worn it looks like its done well over 100k!!!! Is milage veryified on any imports??

........or does everyone has a suspicious mind, i'm looking at Supra's for sale everywhere i can and i'm coming across countless imports with very low milage, just looked at one and the steering wheel is so worn it looks like its done well over 100k!!!! Is milage veryified on any imports??

Mileage verified,er nope.I really dont think you can check it at all to be honest.

Just looking at things like the steering wheel etc is your best bet.

get a BIMPTA report. that should give you the history from where it was imported i believe.

Yeah I test drove one this morning, went down with Chris and Alana, car was a fresh import and was showing just shy of 88,000KM (54,680 Miles) but inside it was rather tatty looking, the usual chips on the dash etc but the gear shifter was very worn, so was the steering wheel and one of the bolsters on the drivers seat was quite worn down, the car had a BIMTA report - Allegedly :rolleyes: but he was having trouble getting it "faxed through" (he was selling the car on his forecourt on behalf of a private importer)

Spoke to the dealer about it and the only spiel he could come up with is "It's a 1994 car etc etc", talking to Chris, we came to the conclusion that just because it's a '94 car, doesn't mean it can't be mint, his is a '93 and was a damn sight cleaner than this one, supposedly an auction grade 4.0 too :rolleyes: he wanted £8k for it!

http://www.bimta.co.uk/

You can get a mileage check from when the car was autioned in Japan.This is about as good as it gets as most get clocked after being brought at action yet before being inported into the uk IMHO.

Click on the link below to get a cars mileage checked out.

A few guys on here have had a few dissapointments. Costs £10 to do (paypal)

I did it for the car Ive just sold and that came back as acurate 68k kms.THis was reflected by the condition of the seats steering wheel windscreen etc etc.

http://www.japaneseimportmileagecheck.co.uk/JapaneseImportMileageCheck/Welcome.html

If a car has a supposed 50K miles the interior should not show signs of excess wear, but as has been mentioned on here if you doubt the mileage of a car just get a BIMTA check... It's very easy nowadays... If BIMTA tell you the mileage is warranted and subsequentlly you find that the car has been "clocked" I am pretty sure they will refund you the cost of the car!! You can't get better than that!! Clocking does go on but if you buy from a reputable importer than you should be ok, but it's wrong to assume that you cannot trust the mileage on all imported cars...