The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys

Guest zeus

Hi Guys i have just joined this fantastic site as i am looking to buy a Twin Turbo Supra but i need some advice. I have always drove manual cars and i was looking for a manual twin Turbo. What has given me problems is i have found a gorgeous twin Turbo GZ Aerotop for sale done 46,000 miles totally standard and been in the country a year. Price is about 8 grand might be able to get it less. Is the twin turbo automatics any good. Do they do the car justice and does the automatic box sap the power of the car i am really confused and need help quickly.

Regards

Mat

welcome, i brought a twin turbo automatic about 2 months ago and i have no complaints at all, although i dont know much about the difference in power, dont think there is much. The price for the gz aerotop seems good. Im sure you will get plenty of good advice from the guys on here. Good luck with buying one

Welcome to the club, i have a 6spd manual and have a friend who has an auto supra, when we take them out there is next to no difference in power, the only thing i like with the manual is you can get closer to the redline b4 changing where as i think( dont quote me on this) but the auto changes at safer revs. but either way the power will be plenty

Hi bud i'm on my second supe 1st was an auto this one is 6 speed man,i have to say they are both amazing to drive.With my 1st supe i had never driven a auto and have to say i was very suprised and pleased with the drive,i only now have a 6speed manual because i wanted to try something different.Try both,see what you think then go from there.Good luck.

had my tt auto for a week and a half

always had manuels before this, i have now stopped putting my left foot though the floor at junctions :)

i have to say the autos great, you can still shift up and down if you so wish, and the auto will go to the redline before shifting when you got it buried, the big thing i notice is the wall of acceleration, in a manuel you know your in 2nd gear and your going such and such a speed and you need to shift up to go faster in the auto it just goes and goes and goes till its all blury outside and your pant go brown, im loving mine