The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing bonnet blanket - ok to do?

Jamesy

hiya mate, sorry but they were on the car already when i bought it.....wish i knew as i've had a few people asking what ones they are. :)

There are a few places that do pressing and should not damage the paint. Sorry but i cant remember any names. Surely someone will know.

Edit - way toooo slow

What about when it rains overnight (assuming no garage and non standard filter) and your air filter gets soaked? Will this make the engine go bang?

There are a few places that do pressing and should not damage the paint. Sorry but i cant remember any names. Surely someone will know.

Edit - way toooo slow

What about when it rains overnight (assuming no garage and non standard filter) and your air filter gets soaked? Will this make the engine go bang?

no garage but full car cover fitted everynight it rains, and i have standard air box with Blitz panel filter mate so guesing that will be fine still ? :)

no garage but full car cover fitted everynight it rains, and i have standard air box with Blitz panel filter mate so guesing that will be fine still ? :)

Yes you will be ok but i was thinking about doing these also. I dont want water in my bay anyway so i need to think of some sort of path for it to go (maybe a plate just under the vents). Also if out in terrible weather and stuck in traffic what then?

Yes you will be ok but i was thinking about doing these also. I dont want water in my bay anyway so i need to think of some sort of path for it to go (maybe a plate just under the vents). Also if out in terrible weather and stuck in traffic what then?

if your worries maybe leave a cut out of blanket under the vents, just staple it to the underneath of the bonnet...will then soak up any bits of rain. ;)