The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can anyone help please??

kieren1234

Hi everyone, just a bit of help needed.

When starting the Na-T that i have started it ticks over fine.......

However:

The wastegate is open constantly when ticing over, it has a manual boost controller and i think this may be the root of the problem but i have fitted it exactly as described in the instructions that i got with it for the use with an external wastegate.

Anyone any ideas.

Have had the whole car in bits today to get to the wastegate, have refitted the wastegat and made sure it is all ok and it is still staying open when on tick over.

WHY???????

Really annoyed with it

When plumbing in a manual boost controller, which nipple connects to the compressor housing to one on the end or the one on the side???

Do they both connect to something or one one just vent??

Which WG is it?

How do you know its stuck open?

When you removed it, was it open then? what spring is in it?

WG come with the Na-T kit, so not sure.

When i start the car i can hear it blowing and if i put my hand next to the opening (where the screamer pipe would bolt on) i can feel alot of the gases coming out, more so if i rev the car.

Was closed when i took it off the car, not sure what spring is in it but surely any would be strong eenough to keep it closed on just tick over.

if you have a spare nipple on it have you tried blanking it off?

There is one small one on the bottom that is blanked off (is for adjusting the spring)

The big one on the bottom connects to the boost controller i think

And the middle one i think just vents according to a walkthrough i followed.

Just took it down the street and it feel a real dog to drive and tries cutting out unless high rev to set off, comes on boost really quick and hit 10 psi really quick so stopped straight away and tinkered back up the drive. Scary stuff. Dont know why its boosting so high. The boost controller was set to minimum. Spring might not be right in the wastegate.

Have tried a different wastegate today and it still sticks open when on idle and more so if i rev the car, doesnt stay all the way open, just slighly ani was thinkin, is it meant to stay open untill the car is under load and driving and then it will shut untill you reech the set boost level, either through the coost controller or the WG spring???