The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advise needed

grahamc

I have been toying with the idea of doing a ground up build of a skyline R34... I know, nice way to start!

In order to get things rolling, I have been considering selling my supra, buying a NA supra and buying the GTR shell.

I would use the supra as my daily driver and then my plan is to build the GTR up over time, roughly guessing the next 1 - 2 years.

I would then like to strip the NA completely and rebuild as something rather special (have not decided what yet).

What are you thoughts/ideas on this? Good idea/bad idea?

Wouldn't it be easier and more cost effective to just buy an R34 that you can enjoy now and a sensible car instead of the NA?

technically yes... I am considering buying a R34 not just a shell.

but I really do like the supra and the skyline... so it will be the best of both worlds :D

The NA also gives me the option of going back to a TT if I decide to...

Besides, already have a sensible family car... mazda 3.

A house?

Buying one now, selling 2 in South Africa, buying another one here :D maybe more later... Houses are boring though....

If you can afford it...do it. Sounds like a very interesting project:)

Cant afford to buy a full spec R34 right now, but can afford to do a project like this!

I don drink much, I dont smoke, I dont do drugs, I need to waste my money on something, and modified cars and expensive fuel came out on the top of the list.

I keep saying that to my girl but she simply replies... 'am i not at the top of the list?' ... that always stumps me since she is the one who feeds me after all...