The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Speed Camera,

ShamelessTT

I got flashed last night by a camera on the other side of a dual carriage way. Theres a small reservation (raised path type thing_ in the middle between the dual carriage ways.) Its the standard low spec square jobby speed camera........lines on both lanes on both carriage ways. (Near Merry Hill, WMids for locals!)

Could i of been done?? ....

| . |"| . |

| . |"| . |

| . |"|O |

{ . |"| . |

| . |"| . |

{ = camera

O = my car

. = lane seperators

YES i have too much time on my hands to be doing ascii art?

I got flashed last night by a camera on the other side of a dual carriage way. Theres a small reservation (raised path type thing_ in the middle between the dual carriage ways.) Its the standard low spec square jobby speed camera........lines on both lanes on both carriage ways. (Near Merry Hill, WMids for locals!)

Could i of been done?? ....

| . |"| . |

| . |"| . |

| . |"|O |

{ . |"| . |

| . |"| . |

{ = camera

O = my car

. = lane seperators

YES i have too much time on my hands to be doing ascii art?

No you haven't been done and yes you have too much time on your hands!!:D

H/MCS

Edit! Sorry, was the camera in the central reservation then? In which case you are FUBAR!!

I expect you will be ok. Gatsos that flash at you from the front on the otherside of the road tend to be empty boxes. If you can go back and look at it at some point check the back. At the top of it there should be two round holes. If there are what appears to be keylock then it is a live camera. If there is what appears to be a grey blanking plate, then it's empty and will flash when the beam it tripped.Because there is no camera in it, it won't have been properly calibrated and hence why it flashed.

A flashing camera should only take a pic from you rear as a flash towards you is dangerous especially at night.

i live just off the cannock road in staffordshire and we have 6 cammeras on a 2 mile straight these are all real and do photo you from the front to, i have been flashed a couple of times when an ambulance or police car has come towards the light and i have been passing it at the correct speed, never had anything through (not that i did anything wrong anyway) i believe all our cammeras are real

i live just off the cannock road in staffordshire and we have 6 cammeras on a 2 mile straight

The A34 between Stone and Stafford? One of the times I was flashed was on that stretch and another was a bit further up the road at Trentham. They're all over the place round there aren't they?

It's no wonder Staffordshire local authority are a '1 star' council, they must spend all their budget on putting up and maintaining speed cameras - the bloody place is infested with them. Actually I might be thinking of Stoke-on-Trent council, but still terrible to see so many speed cameras whilst bigger problems get shoved down their list of priorities.

I expect you will be ok. Gatsos that flash at you from the front on the otherside of the road tend to be empty boxes. If you can go back and look at it at some point check the back. At the top of it there should be two round holes. If there are what appears to be keylock then it is a live camera. If there is what appears to be a grey blanking plate, then it's empty and will flash when the beam it tripped.Because there is no camera in it, it won't have been properly calibrated and hence why it flashed.

A flashing camera should only take a pic from you rear as a flash towards you is dangerous especially at night.

is this right Doug, as my missus just got done by a forward flashing camera, i was in car as well and seen it, was quite startling!! :search:

you can only get flashed from rear or rather only get 3 points when photographed from the rear. the flasher is still activated by on coming cars due to the radar having a wide spread. the machine can not distinguish on coming moving objects from those leaving it. you will not hear from the money grabbers.

you can only get flashed from rear or rather only get 3 points when photographed from the rear. the flasher is still activated by on coming cars due to the radar having a wide spread. the machine can not distinguish on coming moving objects from those leaving it. you will not hear from the money grabbers.

I hear what your saying, but how come she got the NIP and had to admit it?

Can she appeal?

is this right Doug, as my missus just got done by a forward flashing camera, i was in car as well and seen it, was quite startling!! :search:

you should dispute this as the camera is set up to photograph passing cars and the angle of photos and lines on the road are calibrated for this purpose. i would want to see the photos that this allegation is based on and dispute it all the way.

what's a NIP?

caveats: first as you see i am in scotland so you need to ask an english expert in the know to be sure, second i do big crimes in the main so road traffic is not my speciality - now that's out the way, i would doubt you can ever appeal where you have accepted a fixed penalty. the only way would be if the situation was that there was a complete error/misrepresentation on the part of those issuing the penalty and you accepted something that should never have applied to you. (but to be sure ask an english lawyers advice.) that is not the case here. so for future always question fixed penalties unless you are done out the park!

• 2 weeks later...