The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TEIN Superstreet suspension - anybody got it

Branners

I was at a tuners place today and saw a set of TEIN Superstreets going on to a supra. I didnt realise but they are top adjustable for suspension hardness and 'wheel off' adjustable for height.

The car sat very nicely on the ground when it came off the ramp.

Has anybody tried a set of these and how good are they?

JB

Ive got these on my car JB they are good and as you say you have the freedom to adjust the dampening force (how hard or soft you want them).

Its annoying adjusting the heights though alot of arm work but its worthwhile because you can get it to the perfect ride height for your car without damaging tyres etc.

I got mine for around £450 iirc.

Excellent price although they're quite hard on our roads to be honest, even on the softest setting.

If you don't mind that then yeah, by all means go for it :)

Do you think so? Ive got mine set on the hardest setting, but on soft its really really bouncy :search:

it was the price as much as anything that caught my eye. Probably the same price if not cheaper than a set of Eibachs and some yellow Bilsteins.

JB

I got mine for 500 i think think theyre just under 600 from a trader inc vat etc. well worth the money especially with the adjustable height thing :)

The Super Streets are one of the most popular coilovers for the Supra, I sell a lot of these, all the feedback I've had is that they are well suited for UK roads.

You can buy them either with or without the Tein top mounts (you can use your stock top mounts with them). As you say they have adjustable damping on the top and they are compatible with the EDFC (in car electronic damping adjuster).

They are good value for money which is one of the reasons they are so popular, there are better options out their, but you'll pay at least 50% more.

I have fitted both onto my own car... I have the SS with top mounts now, but in retrosprect I should have stayed with the SS without topmounts... They seem to give a less 'harsh' feel on the roads... the SS 'with' seem sharper turning in, But youd only really notice on a track...

So for a good alrounder its the SS without for me!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jabriel
I got mine for around £450 iirc.

Excellent price although they're quite hard on our roads to be honest, even on the softest setting.

If you don't mind that then yeah, by all means go for it :)

Hi Ian, where did you find the SS for £450? I've just started looking and the cheapest i've found so far is just under £600. Mind you, that was with upper mounts but having read this threaad, I'll not bother with the uppermounts.

I've a jap import '94 N/A...

Thanks in advance.

it was the price as much as anything that caught my eye. Probably the same price if not cheaper than a set of Eibachs and some yellow Bilsteins.

JB

This is exactly the reason I went for my Super Streets with top mounts. Once you add everything up, including fitting time, you are better off going for these. I am completely happy with mine. Give a good ride and easily adjustable (damping anyway).