The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bargin ? (TT)

flyby

dont mean to sound rude or poke me nose in but have a look in the for sale section under eliot,gees that guy wants 5495 for his bpu tt supra...now thats a bargain...

well I have look at it many times, but I rader have the rear spoiler and wiper back. And i dont like this bonnet.

And im afried that it has bean used very hard. I think all the meters in the car indicate that someone has play alot whit this car.

Steve have a white standard supra, this look nice, but need some 18" wheels. and i can not afford both car and use £1300 for wheels. So I look for a tt whit some nice rims. And I prefer silver.

:)

And im afried that it has bean used very hard. I think all the meters in the car indicate that someone has play alot whit this car.

Holy crap, I have a boost gauge in my car, oh noes it must mean it's bean thrashed within an inch of it's life!!

...so rather than buy a known respected members car, you'd rather buy some dodgy unknown car from ebay?

I bought my Supra from a dealer, similar to the one on ebay linked above, except completely standard even with 16" alloys.

I was very wary on the mileage also, but i did all you can do and go on the condition of the car. Steering wheel wear, pedal wear, the engine, brakes condition and general all over. The body work on mine wasnt the best, so thats the first thing i sorted out a bit.

All that mine came fitted with was a turbo timer, i think cars are completely luck of the draw, just avoid anything thats obviously a dog or has problems from day one, the rest is chance.

well I have look at it many times, but I rader have the rear spoiler and wiper back. And i dont like this bonnet.

Steve have a white standard supra, this look nice, but need some 18" wheels. and i can not afford both car and use £1300 for wheels. So I look for a tt whit some nice rims. And I prefer silver.

:)

wont cost allot in changing minor things to make it how you want it. i mean you can sell an aftermarket bonnet for more than a standard one. so you'll be making money. obviously if you see a saxo thats been kitted out. the chances are it has been abused. and they aren't made to be driven hard. what you have to remember that the supra has been a sports car from day one.

wont cost allot in changing minor things to make it how you want it. i mean you can sell an aftermarket bonnet for more than a standard one. so you'll be making money. obviously if you see a saxo thats been kitted out. the chances are it has been abused. and they aren't made to be driven hard. what you have to remember that the supra has been a sports car from day one.

I think your are right. It has cross my mind about the bonnet :)

Else it look very nice :)

Holy crap, I have a boost gauge in my car, oh noes it must mean it's bean thrashed within an inch of it's life!!

...so rather than buy a known respected members car, you'd rather buy some dodgy unknown car from ebay?

Please come down it is not healty for you ;)

dont mean to sound rude or poke me nose in but have a look in the for sale section under eliot,gees that guy wants 5495 for his bpu tt supra...now thats a bargain...

It has also got twice the mileage of this one. Not many people (IMO) would be comfortable with a TT over 100k. I personnally wouldn't touch it, could last forever but as fan of the cars I would always strive for as low a mileage as possible so I could keep it as long as possible and have resale in mind as a worst case.

Fresh import, so won't have seen road salt, and not messed about with, or been given a cheap body kit, possibly after after accident damage, worth a look in my opinion. Buy these things on condition, not mileage :)

I noted 'sun roof' on the spec and it doesnt look like a miss-titled aero top. Had to peer at it closely but there does seem to be one there. Pardon my ignorance but I didnt realise a sun roof was an option as I dont recall seeing one on a supra before, so I've learnt something new today! (apart from me being a bit thick :conf: doh)

Lxx