The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi Guys just a quick question about Documents

Guest iangibson57

Guest iangibson57

Hi Guys,

Just need a question answering from any body which has paid for an import.

I am going to look at a 1994 auto non turbo supra import. The guy am going to see has had it for 3 years and got it from import

what documents should he have received once he received the car from import.

Thanks for your help

Ian;)

Deregistraion certificate in Japan.

MOT certificate for when it arrived & was registered here (plus those since would be a bonus)

Posh new version of the V5 with matching details as he tells you (date registered, engine & chassis number if they're on it)

If you're lucky...

Sales slip/receipt from the Japanese auction house

erm........ can't remember if there will be anything else - ask Jurgen! :D

Carrying on this theme.... Is there any issue if the seller said that he had no documentation on the vehicle?

ric

Nope as long as the V5 is there but even then you can apply for a new one, but if it didnt have a V5 then an HPI is a must, I'd HPI all my cars, well apart from fresh imports as that would be a waste of money!

Deregistraion certificate in Japan.

MOT certificate for when it arrived & was registered here (plus those since would be a bonus)

Posh new version of the V5 with matching details as he tells you (date registered, engine & chassis number if they're on it)

If you're lucky...

Sales slip/receipt from the Japanese auction house

erm........ can't remember if there will be anything else - ask Jurgen! :D

All this is correct but it may not have been bought from an auction, but always worth an ask, but not needed :)

Sorry that an a valid MOT :)

A guy came into me the other day and he bought a 300zx for sily amounts with no mot, got an mot done locally and the repair work on the car came to nearly the amount he paid for the car! just to get it through one! total nightmare and completely insane why this guy bought the car without this!!!