The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just been bpu'd:) (Thanks all for advice)

chrisavila100

Just got back home after picking my car up from chris wilson(thanks mate:thumbs:)

After lots of advice from everyone on here:thanks: i decided to splash the cash and go full bpu,

This is what chris did to the car for me!

:C/w smic

:C/w Decats

:Water injection

: Fcd/colder plugs

:Hks evc 3

:Greddy EGT gauge

:Blitz mirror drive oil temp gauge

:Blitz mirror drive boost gauge

:2x new o2 sensors

:Replacement Maf sensor

:New PAS resivoir

:C/w front pads

:Full service, inc Fuel filter and ALL fluids and oils changed

:c/w 4 wheel alignment..

All i can say is wow! the car feels sooo much better!

The car feels so much more planted now with lots more grip!

And power wise, well to be honest its like chalk and cheese..

The car picks up alot quicker now and just feels so much faster in all situations, the 80 to 120 pull in 4th is addictive..

And thats only at 1bar.. 1.2 got me a bit:scared:

Now some of this massive difference is probably because ive been driving a 1.6 for the last 2 months, but then again when i turned the boost controller off the car felt very sluggish at 0.7 bar!

It was such a nice drive home, all 250miles of it.. Great day out apart from 5 hours on the trains....

The fully decated nur spec sounds sweet, alot deeper grumble to it now:eyebrows: but not much louder than when i just had the 1st cat in.. A bit droney on the motorway, but only after i give it some welly! so steady foot = no noise.. well not much..

But then again when i let her idle for 3 mins (oopps) back at my place, the annoying woman from downstairs shouted out of her window "turn that bloody noise off":rolleyes: Felt like telling her to shut the F**k up.. long story with her.... problems ahead im sure....

ANYWAY...zZZzzZzz

Im glad i took your guys advice and went bpu, instead of selling my car and buying a single! But now its got me thinking how much fun a single must be.....

Once again thanks for all the advice, and thanks to all the club members on here that sold me parts to get me bpu'd:)

And a big thanks to chris wilson for all his time and effort, and very reasonable bill;) great job..

P.s From the long waffle, do you can get the feeling im a little excited:eyebrows:

The car had a very strange misfire before she went in..

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=110417

And this was thought to be a cause, the misfire has almost gone:(

Still has a slight miss,(sometimes) but only seems to happen when i drop it down a gear and floor it.. so just at the start of the 2nd turbo coming online..

Chris is going to get hold of a few coilpacks to send to me, so i can see if that sorts things out..

Cheers for all the good comments guys!

Razza the WI helps prevent det when running higher boost,and is "supposed" to help reduce intake temps.. some say its overkill on a bpu car and some say it should be fitted to any turbo car:search:

The main reason i had it fitted, is A) to be on the safe side! and B) after doing LOTS of homework on wi, it seems very good at maintaing a clean,heathy engine, and also seems very good at de carbonising engines, i read some articles where they inspected some engines before wi was fitted, and then rechecked them some thousands of miles later, and the engines looked in A1 condition, infact much cleaner than at the first inspection:search:

All i know is it will not do any harm! so should gain me something..

The basic aqua mist 1 kit is around £325 + fitting.. so not bad really, if it does what alot of people say...