The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo blanket - Picture required

GazB

I'm looking at fitting a turbo blanket and one of my suppliers will make it for me, i'm after a good picture of a fitted blanket that he can look at. :D:D

As anybody already got a picture that can be posted?

Can anybody take a picture then post it?

Can anybody post a link? I've searched the web but can only find pictures of unfitted blankets!

The blanket my supplier will be making is good to 1000c and filled with a ceramic insulation.

Any idea what temperatures the turbo glow at?

When i told supplier Cherry Red he just laughed :)

On a more serious note I dont think you should see your turbo 'glow' at all really, I have watched my car on the dyno many times and you do see the manifold get very hot (yellow) but that is heat wrapped, the turbo blanket will protect the silicon pipes and bonnet from heat exposure however, it fits over the exhaust side of the turbo ;)

On a more serious note I dont think you should see your turbo 'glow' at all really, I have watched my car on the dyno many times and you do see the manifold get very hot (yellow) but that is heat wrapped, the turbo blanket will protect the silicon pipes and bonnet from heat exposure however, it fits over the exhaust side of the turbo ;)

Thanks for that.

I think first job will be wrapping manifold pipes, i'll take car down to supply for him to measure up blanket. It's an excuse to have a run out during a week day :)

I'm a bit worried about amount of heat that can be generated and car's just been re-sprayed. Would hate for bonnet to blister:(

It's a freebie so not really bother what they cost to bring in from states.

The uk insulation industry is as good as the states so i'm sure my supplier will make sure it works :) after all we fit the same insulation blankets as the space shuttle is covered with to our power station turbines.