The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decated my N/A

p111ddy

Just had a slightly nosier drive home this afternoon:sly:

Went to Whifbitz in Enfield (Thanks Paul) to have my 2nd cat removed and replaced with there 2nd decat pipe:eyebrows: which was done by a lad called Darren (cheers fella) Christ is this thing LOUD now! a little too loud if I'm honest but reason for this being so loud could be due to me having no 1st cat either!:blink: Which I had no idea about until he kindly informed me so. So now i’m on the hunt for a new exhaust.

I was told the HKS Silent something or other would be a good choice but would like to see if anyone's got any other suggestions please.

Thanks, Michael

Just had a slightly nosier drive home this afternoon:sly:

Went to Whifbitz in Enfield (Thanks Paul) to have my 2nd cat removed and replaced with there 2nd decat pipe:eyebrows: which was done by a lad called Darren (cheers fella) Christ is this thing LOUD now! a little too loud if I'm honest but reason for this being so loud could be due to me having no 1st cat either!:blink: Which I had no idea about until he kindly informed me so. So now i’m on the hunt for a new exhaust.

I was told the HKS Silent something or other would be a good choice but would like to see if anyone's got any other suggestions please.

Thanks, Michael

they sound awsome eh?!

im double decat also and ive got the HKS hi power and its bloomin loud too;)

alex

i went fully decat the other week and wow

was load more responsive and sounds sweet as fcuk

With ur exhaust do you have any rasping noise coming from it since removing both cat's?

My next upgrade is the HKS Hi-Power, in my NA, in 2 weeks time, will let you know how it sounds and goes!

Make sure you do fella but dont no how long i can wait with this noise??

Good job you already had the 1st cat! It took Darren an hour and a half to get mine off! :) But boy is it loud!

I here you on that mate. Funny thing was i didn't plan to have both removed i was only going for the 2nd cat removal but previous owner done the 1st for me! Which i didn't no about:rolleyes:

ooohhh interesting - didnt realise removing the cats make it louder - cant wait to do mine now - im guessing when u remove both cats you also have to do the other bpu bits too (fcd/spark plugs/fuel pump etc) ?

You'll get more noise decatting an NA than a TT, as the turbos actually supress a bit of exhaust noise :)

Soooo does it go any better ?

I had my fully decatted NA on the dyno recently and got just over 220bhp at the fly. Justgav had his catted NA on the same dyno (same day) and got only slightly less (1-2bhp in it).

Yes they get really loud, but is it worth it? I'm not convinced.

Glad you like the noise it makes! Although like you say they can sound to loud sometimes. The best exhaust out there for the NA has got to be the HKS Silent Hi-power, the NA version they make is twin box and smaller diameter than the turbo version so its actually designed to work! £445 + VAT. Another one to consider if you want to make it quiet is a Fujitsubo, let me know if you want some prices.

Ta

Hmm!! Where can I get a 2nd de-cat pipe from??

I fear that with a 5" back section the zaust will be fooking loud.....lol!! I am also worried about a droning noise on the motorway!:blink:

H.

hey H

i got my front decat from gaz at envy he done a cracking deal for me too;)

i got my 2nd decat from thor i had a bit of bother getting the correct part but they got it rite 2nd time round

i think the both pipes came in around £200 mark

naturaly id gie you a hand fitting but am a tad far away:sly:

alex

Christ is this thing LOUD now! a little too loud if I'm honest

:D Think I may have been a little to quick to say too loud? Just driven back home from work where I have to go thru some tunnels and some confined bricked up at the side, roads. Wow it sounds :cool: Especially on gradual throttle but once you put the pedal right down to the floor I do seem to get that rasping noise:(. Oh well it's still fun though:d

How to befriend the neighbours!! :p Mine is a fully decatted NA with a genuine TRD exhaust :eyebrows: Sounds sweet and subtle til I floor it :D

Doesn't the higher compression ratio of the N/A contribute to the exhaust note? :search:

Lx

Just waiting to see if mine are still talking to me? Especially as I leave at 6:20am