The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going BPU !!!!

Jamesy

I have sourced a few essentials for going BPU - pretty much decided tonight i'd do it.....

my car currently has a full cat-back exhaust, boost gauge and intercooler seems in good condition.

I have sourced the following parts:

Uprated fuel pump

2nd decat

fcd

so i'm guessing all i need extra is uprated spark plugs?

apparently i dont need the 1st decat to go bpu and therefore dont need the restrictor ring.

so.... is that really all i need and i'm looking at 380-400 bhp??

hope so! :eyebrows:

cheers guys. so basically i can be bpu if i keep the 1st cat in place, but it wont be fully bpu until i do the 1st decat and buy the restrictor ring yeah?

any idea of bhp i will get if i go bpu with the 2nd decat, fcd, walboro fuel pump, cat back exhaust and spark plugs?

was thinking of doing this first, then saving up for a 1st decat and restrictor ring to go fully bpu.

Guest Chumpalot
cheers guys. so basically i can be bpu if i keep the 1st cat in place, but it wont be fully bpu until i do the 1st decat and buy the restrictor ring yeah?

That's correct.

any idea of bhp i will get if i go bpu with the 2nd decat, fcd, walboro fuel pump, cat back exhaust and spark plugs?

Realistically I'd say around 360-380.

That's correct.

Realistically I'd say around 360-380.

cool cheers fella - then after i do the 1st decat and restrictor ring thats when you get up to 400bhp ish?

(as your selling your lovely motor, if you fancy selling me any of the bpu parts that i still need drop me a pm ;) )

Guest Chumpalot

Sorry, I mis-read your previous post.

I'd say you'd be very luck to hit 400 from BPU alone. 360-380 is what you'll be getting after both decats and restictor ring.

Someone may come along and prove me wrong though.

Sorry, I mis-read your previous post.

I'd say you'd be very luck to hit 400 from BPU alone. 360-380 is what you'll be getting after both decats and restictor ring.

Someone may come along and prove me wrong though.

ahh right ok mate thanx - so without doing 1st decat you wouldnt be sure of bhp?

thanx for your help, no worries on the parts, didnt expect you to be selling bits really ;)

Guest Chumpalot

As Nic said, the first is the most restrictive and will give you the most gain. You may see slightly better throttle response with the second out but it won't be huge.

Do the lot mate, it's well worth it.

right guys these are the prices i've been quoted so far to go bpu.... are they good/worth it?

1st and 2nd decat plus restrictor ring - £260

3 gaskets for decats - £7.50 each

walbro 345 fuel pump - £70

uprated spark plugs - £44

fcd (used) - £45

fitting/labour - £115

am sooo tempted but just sold my old car for £300 less than i expected so a bit p!ssed off about that as was gonna use it to fund this.