The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to supra

gordy07

Hi to you all,over the years ive always loved supras but its only now that i am 29 i can afford to insure one(had a evenfull motoring past and my licence is clean now)so i thought i would join the forum to ask kindly for all your advice before i venture out and buy my first supra.I am looking for a NA model because of costs,any advice?

a lot of people seem to buy an NA and then are dissapointed when they come to want to turn it. I have an NA and its a cracking car. but if your going the more HP route get a TT.

If your leaving it stock then the NA is fine. But you might change your mind

Its cheeper to make the TT faster than it is to make the na faster. :p

Good luck, dont be afraid to ask (search first) for advice and dont grab the first car you look at (i did but i got lucky :p). Oh and become a memeber. u wont look back :)

n/a are great cars and are plenty fast and smooth enough for day to day use. i think the turbo cars are a bit more "high maintenance"(this is going to open a can of worms.........:eyebrows:)

simon

Depends on what floats your boat! I personally don't drive that fast, don't do track days and wanted the Supra experience on the cheap initially!

There are times when i would like a bit more power but it's mainly when some tosser is pissing you off! Generally, I love the car, love the looks, it hasn't cost me a massive amount so far either. The thought of turbo failure was my main reason for keeping away from the TT. That extra couple of seconds just doesn't seem worth the money for me!! I have seen a few members on here have nightmare after nightmare with TT's and it has cost them thousands of pounds that I could have used for something more important!

Take your time and drive a few!!

H.