The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift

NeoFuture

I'm confused bu this thread. My car is facelift and it has both sidelights in the headlight cluster and also a small light at the side of the indicator!!

ie: When I put my sidelights on, there is actually 4 light on at the front!!

H.

so your headlights are not facelift lights.

they're either pre-facelift lights or UK spec :)

If they've got small (501 bulb) indicators in then they're not facelift headlights H.

Maybe they've just been refurbed in the facelift style.

Well I'm confused now! The lights were refurbed when I got the car in Feb...http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=105168&highlight=Lights

They are plastic fronted and all the pre facelifts are different to mine at meets.....:blink:

I have no idea what the bulbs are as I have only had the main headlight go on me so far!!

H.

Havard, The side lights in your headlights you say you have, are you talking about the foglight? The smallest, outermost of the three main lights? Or a separate light in the 'floor' of the reflector?

They look identical to mine (which are facelifts) - See my garage,

But my indicator units are all clear, where as yours have orange, strange.

His are stock genuine Toyota facelift ones. Yours are not.

Just had a look at Matlee's garage as I knew he's was facelift and they are the same as mine!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1962/matleejb3.jpg

I think I am satisfied that my lights are facelift and indeed there should be bulbs in the main light and also in the indicator unit! One things for sure, they look shit hot at night....:D

Jevansio, I suspect your lights have been upgraded to the clear ones off e-bay. I may do this soon too as they look a damn site better than mine. I could also break the orange bit in mine with a pair of plyers!!

H.

Just had a look at Matlee's garage as I knew he's was facelift and they are the same as mine!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1962/matleejb3.jpg

I think I am satisfied that my lights are facelift and indeed there should be bulbs in the main light and also in the indicator unit! One things for sure, they look shit hot at night....:D

Jevansio, I suspect your lights have been upgraded to the clear ones off e-bay. I may do this soon too as they look a damn site better than mine. I could also break the orange bit in mine with a pair of plyers!!

H.

You're prolly right H, I'd actually never taken any notice of other facelift indicator units until I read this thread.

Havard, The side lights in your headlights you say you have, are you talking about the foglight? The smallest, outermost of the three main lights? Or a separate light in the 'floor' of the reflector?

His are stock genuine Toyota facelift ones. Yours are not.

Good point Jake! Just realised that my fog lights are on all the time......:D The side light is actually in the indicator unit!

Had to go out onto the drive to check......:D

If my lights were pre facelift they would have the light in the floor of the headlight section. Correct??

H.

so your headlights are not facelift lights.

they're either pre-facelift lights or UK spec :)

maybe they are just wired different for some reason. I've recently got some facelifts off nic (import pimp) and then had to order some facelift indicators when i realised the difference.

On the my pre-facelift j-spec ones, the side lights are between the outter and middle lights (pre facelift having 4 bulbs and facelifts having 3)

yeah thats why i started it i was a little confused too, lol seems ive opened a can of worms

I think the only thing that confused me was when Jake said mine weren't facelift lights. They are not pre-facelift, they are not glass (uk) so they must be facelift. Also every other facelift I have looked at has the same lights as mine!!:blink:

I just forgot that my lights are so dim at night that I put the fog lights on permanently!!

H.