The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New boost gauges

Jamesy

Following my thread last week i've found a couple more boost gauges.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230173182370

and this one seems great value.....where could u mount this and what 3 gauges are best to go for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Gauges-EL-Holder-Oil-Temp-Pressure-52mm-Volts-Boost_W0QQitemZ270169043313QQihZ017QQcategoryZ72215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanx:D

right - gone off the triple one but very keen on the autogauge one as people on here have recommended them...

just wondered.... this one only gives a PSi reading - i'm only really used to BAR... whats the difference etc? like what would 1.1 bar be in Psi???

cheers ;)

Stock TT should be around 0.8bar on full boost. You may see 0.9bar on a cold day. That will be with both cats in stock airbox filter etc etc

Edit to add, I had an Autogauge boost gauge previously and as i stated earlier the silicon tubing supplied with the kit was of very poor quality and with use/heat etc got very brittle and cracked. I couldn't comment on their accuracy as I've had the car decatted since that was deinstalled.

As has been said before when you pay cheap you pay twice.

I would expect Chris Wilsons offer the best vfm, it won't be bling, but it will work and be accurate. What do you want...bling or accuracy? Otherwise, what's the point?

Stock TT should be around 0.8bar on full boost. You may see 0.9bar on a cold day. That will be with both cats in stock airbox filter etc etc

Edit to add, I had an Autogauge boost gauge previously and as i stated earlier the silicon tubing supplied with the kit was of very poor quality and with use/heat etc got very brittle and cracked. I couldn't comment on their accuracy as I've had the car decatted since that was deinstalled.

As has been said before when you pay cheap you pay twice.

I would expect Chris Wilsons offer the best vfm, it won't be bling, but it will work and be accurate. What do you want...bling or accuracy? Otherwise, what's the point?

cheers mate - mine is stock (ish), have got a cat back full exhaust and blitz panel filter fitted.

i dont want mega bling at all..... something with a blue backlight would've gone well with my leather but not a big deal really.... accurasy is priority.

I got an autogauge boost gauge off egay for £15 brand new and its utter crap. Avoid. Came from the factory and wouldnt zero and constantly under-reads by about 0.2 bar. I simply have no idea how much boost im producing with this crap gauge.

Saying that though, my mate has one and it works perfectly. Its just a gamble buying one I suppose...