The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fancyplates

trooper

Hi all.

I was after a set of plates for road use.

I seem to remember that Fancyplates.com did some nice ones that had carbon fibre (effect) letters in a kind of 3D jelly. But I may be mistaken.

I went to their website and they only had plain letters (I don't want some unreadable scrawl, just regular letters in carbon fibre)

Question is are these letters I'm after legal for road use and if not, how illegal are they?

Road legal number plates are:

Standard size & font in Plain Black, Carbon Effect, 3D Effect

Theres also a few legal logos you can have at the side etc and borders/text at the bottom is all ok.

Very true!

Just got mine from a little shop near Chorley, Lancs. I was surprised when they offered me 3D letters and different widths of borders etc! Cost me £20 for two plates, 1 x 13"x7" and the front was 13"x6".

H.

Road legal number plates are:

Standard size & font in Plain Black, Carbon Effect, 3D Effect

Theres also a few legal logos you can have at the side etc and borders/text at the bottom is all ok.

Are you serious, I dont think 3D effect are allowed legally.....:blink:

EDIT: Well just took this from the DVLA website....

Are 3D characters allowed?

Registration numbers and letters must be black and non - reflectable. 3D characters are allowed provided the number plate complies with the British Standard specification (BS AU 145d).

Well just took this from the DVLA website....

Are 3D characters allowed?

Registration numbers and letters must be black and non - reflectable. 3D characters are allowed provided the number plate complies with the British Standard specification (BS AU 145d).

Yeh, so 3D look is allowed because it is the same font and size as standard